Hide
7 Posts

Evolution» Forums » Rules

Subject: Order of events rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan G
msg tools
Was playing a game tonight and had a hand as follows.

Species1 (Long Neck,Foraging,Cooperation)>Species2 (Foraging)

Assuming I am player one, can I:

Long neck, Cooperate, Forage from long neck, Cooperate from forage

Then On my turn can I... Eat once, cooperate, forage, cooperate.

Playing this way would give species1 and species2 4 food before next player takes a turn.

So I guess my question is did I just describe a legal move as far as majority are concerned,

Or Does eating once trigger both forage and cooperate at the same time. Meaning Species1 gets 2 food and species 2 gets 1 food.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Beri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cooperate triggers every time you take at least one food. And with Foraging you take 1+1 ONCE, so cooperation only triggers once.

So, A takes 2 (1+1) food from the bank at once and cooperates with B, which takes 2 (1+1) at once because of B’s foraging ability.

If B did not have foraging, you would only take 3 food in total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Before the Food Cards are revealed:
- The Long Neck triggers before the food cards are revealed. Species1 gets 1 Plant Food from the extra food pile.

- This triggers Foraging so Species1 takes 2 Plant Food instead of 1.

- Cooperation is triggered so Species2 takes 1 Plant Food from the same source.

- This triggers Foraging so Species2 takes 2 Plant Food instead of 1.

SUMMARY: Species1 takes 2 Plant Food before the food cards are revealed. Species2 also takes 2 Plant Food before the food cards are revealed. All 4 food are taken from the extra food pile, NOT the Watering Hole.

Your First Feeding Turn:
If you choose to feed Species1, then...

- Species1 takes 1 Plant Food from the Watering Hole.

- This triggers Foraging so Species1 takes 2 Plant Food instead of 1.

- Cooperation is triggered so Species2 takes 1 Plant Food from the same source (this time from the Watering Hole).

- This triggers Foraging so Species2 takes 2 Plant Food instead of 1.

SUMMARY: Species1 takes 2 Plant Food from the Watering Hole and Species2 takes 2 Plant Food from he Watering Hole.

End Result
- Species1 has 4 food (provided it has 4 Population).
- Species2 has 4 food (provided it has 4 Population).
- There is 4 less food in the Watering Hole.
- No other player has yet had a feeding turn (though their species might have food from Long Neck or Fat Tissue).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan G
msg tools
Thank you both for the replys.

I kinda figured that would be the answer.

So basically foraging isn't considered "eating", as far as cooperation is concerned. Foraging would just be considered foraging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, Foraging says to take "an additional" food. The idea is that you still "take" food on 1 occasion, but you take 2 food instead of 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Webb
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
Yep, Foraging says to take "an additional" food. The idea is that you still "take" food on 1 occasion, but you take 2 food instead of 1.

Maybe an easier way to think about Foraging would be as an if-then statement: If species eats 1 food,then it eats 1 additional food.

The "trigger" term might be a little more natural to parse for the CCG crowd, since there's a bit of semantic overloading going on there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wayfarer82 wrote:
domcrap wrote:

Maybe an easier way to think about Foraging would be as an if-then statement: If species eats 1 food,then it eats 1 additional food.

The "trigger" term might be a little more natural to parse for the CCG crowd, since there's a bit of semantic overloading going on there.

Or potentially: If a species with Foraging eats one plant food, then it eats 2 plant food instead.

That would make it so there is only one "eating" event to trigger anything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.