$30.00
Space Trucker
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like there'll be a Terra Mystica app next year by the German studio digidiced (Patchwork, Le Havre, Agricola 2-Player):
https://twitter.com/digidiced/status/789496682291556352
http://digidiced.com/our-games/

Can anyone already share a bit more information?
(I'm quite interested how this one will look and especially what this news will mean for the TM online community)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kessels
Netherlands
Bussum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: App for Terra Mystica is being developped (digidiced@twitter) - ETA2017/Q1
Yes, it was indeed being mentioned at the Feuerland booth at Spiel. Exciting news indeed. The AI will be a challenge though as we know. It would be great if they can connect to the Snellman userbase They for sure must know it exists...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SiberianRanger
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Let's hope it doesn't mean the end of terra.snellman.net
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Space Trucker
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, there are many open questions:

- Online play? (or only Hotseat and AI)
- If online play: realitime oder turnbased (like terra.snellman)?
- With ranking and tournaments?
- With or without expansion(s)?

An, of course, what i wonder about the most: Will this devide the online community? Will active players stay at terra.snellman? What about "new blood" - I guess new players are much more prone to try a new fancy app than a minimalistic, functional online implementation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I hope they include the auction system somehow, as well as ranked online play.

It would also be good if they can un-nerf the Riverwalkers and Shapeshifters a bit. They are currently dumpster fires.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kessels
Netherlands
Bussum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/58893/app-news-terra-myst...

not sure who the poster is, but maybe subscribe to this thread for more news. It implies it is for iOS, but I really hope Android will be served too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kalvin connor
United States
rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SiberianRanger wrote:

quite the opposite opinion of mine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Space Trucker
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sircaradoc wrote:
SiberianRanger wrote:

Many people enjoy to play on it. What would make you hope that the site has to end?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
The best thing for me about snellman is that I don't have to play live. I occasionally enjoy a live game but I can't always do that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
The best thing for me about snellman is that I don't have to play live. I occasionally enjoy a live game but I can't always do that!

Personally, I hate non-live games and that's why I do not play on snellman. So this new app is a good news for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kalvin connor
United States
rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceTrucker wrote:
sircaradoc wrote:
SiberianRanger wrote:

Many people enjoy to play on it. What would make you hope that the site has to end?

Because snellman is slow. I'd like to see a better representation of the game that is faster and easier to play live (note: notifications directly through the app as opposed to email or skype). Seeing the end of it could bring in better. Of course, if its a worse implementation, which i doubt it will be, then we can continue playing on snellman.

Also, Snellman was not designed to be played on a smart phone, though you can. You can a lot more with an app intended version.

I'm not trying to be rude, but moving to a potentially better version for some of us might be better. Plus, when you are out and about, I bet you have your phone with you, not your laptop

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sircaradoc wrote:
I'm not trying to be rude, but moving to a potentially better version for some of us might be better. Plus, when you are out and about, I bet you have your phone with you, not your laptop
This is one of the postings where I really would like to have a down-vote button on BGG. gulp

I do 95% of my moves on the PC, with a nice large screen to look at all the stuff at once. I wouldn't mind a cool front-end to snellman for mobiles, but there's just no way it could present all the relevant information on one screen, so even if I had one, I'd still make the vast majority of moves using the bigger screen.

You want to shutdown snellman when there's an iOS app for TM? Crazy stuff - it would force everybody who wants to play TM online to
a) buy an iPhone
b) buy the app and
c) exclusively play from the phone
or
d) stop play TM online

Taking away the already a working solution to scratch your personal itch traslates to "those without an iPhone don't deserve to play Terra Mystica online" and is very egocentric. yuk shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sandman
Germany
flag msg tools
I already prefer to play on my iphone ober the laptop solution as it shows more information due to its vertical screen! ... seriously.

Had more than 500 games which worked perfectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.