Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wendelius H.A.
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

We played our first game yesterday, and a few things came up that we either couldn't find easily in the rule book or were unsure about.

1. The Geek can peek in adjacent locations. However:
- Does using the special ability also trigger an increase to the exposure counter?

2. Supporting cast: The act 2 and 3 cards mention which supporting cast members to include. For Act 1, is it all supporting cast members, or just the non picked potential player characters which are used?

3. What about cabin interiors and ladders? The rule book barely mentions them. Can you provide more details on when to use those and whether there are any special rules attached?

Many thanks. Here is looking forward to more games. We enjoyed the first try.

Wendelius

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Toystorian
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes it triggers an increase in the exposure track count.

2. Just the non-picked potential player characters.

3. The Cabin Interiors is an expansion so the Cabin Interiors Quick Setup Card has all the info for the interiors and ladders. The ladders are one time use. Once one ladder token is used all ladder tokens are removed for the act.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I think the source of confusion on this topic has to do with the list of Actions that players can take. It lists "Peek" as an action, and it also lists "Special Ability" as an action. And the Peek action has an icon that indicates an increase in exposure and Special Ability does not. So someone might say, "I'm not peeking with the Geek, I'm using his special ability."

In future iterations of the rules, it might be more useful to not list "Special Ability" as an Action, since really the only special ability that could be used as an action this way is the Cheerleader's. The Geek, the Preppy, and the Jock's special abilities just modify the Peek, Share, and Run actions, respectively. And the Goth and Punk's special abilities are just situational during a Klein attack.

So maybe just list "Calm a Scared Player" as an action and note that it can only be used by the Cheerleader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendelius H.A.
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies, Greg and Davy. That clarifies it.

I have to say, we felt a lot more comfortable with the rules by the second play through and really enjoyed it. The game is enjoyable and has lots of tension.

The only downer for me was that the game can be brutal and elimination can happen early. We went from a 5 player to a 2 player game at the end of Act I (because 1 player forgot to share one bit of info, which means we were caught short identifying the lair). That left 2 of us playing and 3 players with nothing to do.

Wendelius

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wendelius wrote:
Thanks for the replies, Greg and Davy. That clarifies it.

I have to say, we felt a lot more comfortable with the rules by the second play through and really enjoyed it. The game is enjoyable and has lots of tension.

The only downer for me was that the game can be brutal and elimination can happen early. We went from a 5 player to a 2 player game at the end of Act I (because 1 player forgot to share one bit of info, which means we were caught short identifying the lair). That left 2 of us playing and 3 players with nothing to do.

Wendelius

I like how short the game is once everyone knows the rules. Makes player elimination less of a problem. Plus, I've found that our eliminated players usually like continuing to watch and see how it plays out. Like watching a slasher flick!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.