Joel Wright
United Kingdom
Modbury
Devon
flag msg tools
www.devondice.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
so I guess if you run out of cubes in the bag, to pull out, then nothing happens.

Thats what happen in our last game, 2 of us where KO out under ground and one player was still under ground when this happen and he had only 1 life left. but after 2 rounds of pulling cubes from the bag, We run out of cubes, and on the 3rd round we counldn't and didn't draw any cubes and he just made it above ground, to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D B
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I also faced this problem. There are not enough cards in the deck that generate clank. I house ruled it that when someone gets out of the dungeon or dies and triggers the end game and when there are no cubes in the bag. The players left on the board must put clank on the flag (or in the bag) equal to the amount "extra" cubes you must draw for the endgame dragon attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Williams
msg tools
The same thing happened to us in our first play through. I could not find clarification anywhere so we just skipped the dragon attack. However, we only had one attack after we ran out of cubes before the last person made it out so it wasn't to bad. Definitely feels like there should be more clank generation, or black cubes need to be added back in at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Tang
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread is starting to make me doubt the game design. I'm surprised this issue didn't come up during playtesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D B
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Returning more black cubes to the bag is the same as not drawing any cubes at all. The game could use some more pressure. But this could easily be fixed in the first expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it might be that many people just avoid clank at all costs. The only + clank cards that I will buy are the gems, but other players won't even buy those. If people get remove/trash/discard clank cards early/often enough, they will never have 10 cubes in the bag.

This is probably house-ruled a little bit by having the starting clank added to the bag be 8-6-4-2, or something like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ebridge wrote:
I think it might be that many people just avoid clank at all costs. The only + clank cards that I will buy are the gems, but other players won't even buy those. If people get remove/trash/discard clank cards early/often enough, they will never have 10 cubes in the bag.

This is probably house-ruled a little bit by having the starting clank added to the bag be 8-6-4-2, or something like that.

You are right. If you can get the cards that let you remove a cards and just get rid of your stumbles. This is what I try to do as quick as possible. Then everyone avoids buying anything that adds clank. Suddenly the bag is empty and there is no dragon threat. This has happened a couple times. Seems like it's one extreme or the other. Either no dragon threat or the dragon quickly kills someone.

I'm not sure the 8-6-4-2 solution would help long term. I was wondering about a rule that says if a dragon attack is drawn and there is no clank in the bag everyone has to add a clank to the bag?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played twice, but this hasn't been a problem for us. Maybe it's just a GroupThink thing? Anyway, here's a fix for you. If you can't draw a cube from the bag, everyone dies. Maybe THAT would spur on a little more risk-taking in your group?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe being able to discard your stumble cards is just too powerful?

What about a rule for those cards that excludes stumble?

I've only played 2 player, maybe this is not a problem at higher player counts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it probably does have something to do with the player count. It makes mathematical sense.

Another "fix". When you play negative clank, instead of reducing your cubes, add everyone else's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Langford
United Kingdom
Burntwood
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thematically the dragon is hunting so why not make all players put one cube in if they don't have one in there and anyone who does have one in there has to add another?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Wright
United Kingdom
Modbury
Devon
flag msg tools
www.devondice.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It has not happen to me again since the last time (running out out cubes in the bag), but in the last game I played the wife there was a point at which I was removing a lot of cubes from the clank area and I was thinking I was breaking the experience a bit. But wife got out first and I crawled slowly out afterwards with only one health left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.