Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arek
Germany
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I have finally gotten around to opening and checking the game contents after getting this at Essen. I had heard about some problems with mis-prints, missing dice etc.

OK, so there were a few minor issues, like 8 goon tokens in game but 6 listed in game contents, no ally cards mentioned in game contents, but after replacing the mis-printed cards, I found 33 plot/story cards instead of 32. It seems I have 2 Lodge of the Night Owl cards, which are identical except that one has a 'D' in top left corner and '4-1' at the bottom, and the other has a 'E' in the top left corner and '3-1' at the bottom. I assume that I should throw one away? If not which is the extra?

The game looks great, but is there anything else I need to look out for (I have already printed out the FAQ about the Endgame setup)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk O'Rose
Germany
Cologne
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't throw any of those 2 away! It took me some time as well, but you need the card twice. It appears in 2 scenarios, but at different times. Check the small numbers on the bottom. I don't have them on me right now, but you need both versions of the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arek
Germany
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So do you mean that ther should be 33 cards, and its another misprint in the rules. 33 seems an odd number (excuse the pun) given all other cards have an even number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk O'Rose
Germany
Cologne
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, that's what I mean. If you go through the story book you'll find that card listed in 2 scenarios, so it makes sense to be in the deck twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
Dirk has it right. And thanks for the notes regarding which information does not match up. I am compiling such a list to correct in future printings.

-Josh
Grey Fox Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arek
Germany
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, thanks. In that case also the endgame and chapter II divider cards are missing from the game contents page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Hubble
msg tools
mb
I've just got my copy and I also have an extra plot card - but it's because there are two versions of (D) Lodge of the Night Owl. One has a police-helmet icon bottom left (and a tiny 2-1 at the bottom of the card), and one has a house/building icon (and a tiny 4-1). Which is the right one?

I also have the (E) version.

Out of interest, what are the tiny numbers at the bottom of the cards for?

Thanks,

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.