Falling Sky: The Gallic Revolt Against Caesar» Forums » Rules

Subject: Aedui non-player questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Aedui Trade

If the Aedui can trace a supply lines both through their own territory and through the Roman's, do they still ask the Romans first so as to obtain the resource bonus? I couldn't find clarification in the rulebook, though my assumption is they should do whatever nets them the most resources.

2. Aedui March

Do the Aedui look at which territory can best fulfill the conditions of their march and choose that, or do they randomly choose from all available territories which can meet the conditions? I've assumed the latter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quitch wrote:
1. Aedui Trade

If the Aedui can trace a supply lines both through their own territory and through the Roman's, do they still ask the Romans first so as to obtain the resource bonus? I couldn't find clarification in the rulebook, though my assumption is they should do whatever nets them the most resources.
Top of page 22 says players need to declare if they agree to supply lines before NP-Aedui determine if they will trade.

Rule 4.4.1 says Romans always declare if they agree to supply line or not to determine how many resources Aedui get.
In yur scenario you would check if the Romans agree to the supply line, and then determine how many resources the bot would get from trading. Based on that the bot may or may not actually trade.
Though if they can trace their own supply line they will very likely surpass the 2 resource threshold and will therefore probably trade whether or not the Romans agree.

Quote:
2. Aedui March

Do the Aedui look at which territory can best fulfill the conditions of their march and choose that, or do they randomly choose from all available territories which can meet the conditions? I've assumed the latter.
The three bullets in 8.6.5 are in order of priority: During the march you will never remove the last Aedui warband nor Aedui control from a region.

Then you march into up to three regions without hidden Aedui warbands. Priority is given to regions with allies/citadels from the faction that is the biggest obstacle to Aedui victory (i.e. the faction with the most allies/citadels on the map) Between those regions and (once all of those are taken) all regions without such allies/citadels you chose randomly.
Note that only one origin region is picked! So it is possible that you may have to chose between origin regions randomly if e.g. two regions are adjacent to two regions with priority as above and one more region without hidden Aedui warband.
However, if you have one origin region adjacent to only one region without hidden Aedui warband and another adjacent to two regions without Aedui warbands and with allies/citadels from the most threatening faction you will always pick the second origin region!

Lastly, if possible you move warbands out of the same origin region to add control to one adjacent region. This may be a region where you just added a hidden warband. Priority is determined by which region requires the addition of the least Aedui warbands.
Of course you still need to keep a warband and control in the origin region.

I hope this helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One point to clarify: the text uses the term factions (plural) to describe the side with the most. Is that intended to cover situations where more than one player might have the same (highest) amount, or to indicate the Aedui have some kind of descending order of preference?

I'd assume the former, I just found myself a little confused by the use of the plural.

My reading is that, should the Aedui not be able to select a territory with allies/citadels belonging to the player(s) with the most on the map, then they treat all territories as equal and would select their three at random.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quitch wrote:
One point to clarify: the text uses the term factions (plural) to describe the side with the most. Is that intended to cover situations where more than one player might have the same (highest) amount, or to indicate the Aedui have some kind of descending order of preference?

I'd assume the former, I just found myself a little confused by the use of the plural.
Correct, it's just to account for mutliple factions having the same number of allies/citadels on the map.

Quote:
My reading is that, should the Aedui not be able to select a territory with allies/citadels belonging to the player(s) with the most on the map, then they treat all territories as equal and would select their three at random.
They treat all regions without hidden Aedui warbands as equal and will pick between those randomly.
They will never move a warband to a region that already has at least one hidden Aedui warband in the second bullet (but they may during the third)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JS Bourget
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
...Lastly, if possible you move warbands out of the same origin region to add control to one adjacent region. This may be a region where you just added a hidden warband. Priority is determined by which region requires the addition of the least Aedui warbands.

I hope this helps

I'm understanding that the "from 1 Region" restriction applies only to the second bullet, meaning that the Warbands moved to "add Aedui Control to 1 Region" may come from different adjacent Regions?...(8.6.5)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JSBourget wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
...Lastly, if possible you move warbands out of the same origin region to add control to one adjacent region. This may be a region where you just added a hidden warband. Priority is determined by which region requires the addition of the least Aedui warbands.

I hope this helps

I'm understanding that the "from 1 Region" restriction applies only to the second bullet, meaning that the Warbands moved to "add Aedui Control to 1 Region" may come from different adjacent Regions?...(8.6.5)
You might be right about it, I've always played it as applying to both bullets, but you might be right and it applies only to the bullet it is listed under.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.