Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magnus Percan
Sweden
Malmö
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm reading the rules right now but are not sure how to organize the components for easy setup and gameplay.

How do you guys store the Components, by era?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
I grabbed a couple of large bags and organized everything by era.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annette L.
Germany
flag msg tools
I built a quick foam core insert for all the tiles, sorted by era. The wooden bits and resources went into a plano box. Don't know what to do with the cards, yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Percan
Sweden
Malmö
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Angua2105 wrote:
I built a quick foam core insert for all the tiles, sorted by era. The wooden bits and resources went into a plano box. Don't know what to do with the cards, yet.

Do you have a photo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While waiting for a proper storage solution (Broken Token? Foamcore?) I'm using 18 business card boxes. The buildings are sorted by type into several boxes, and there is a box for each era's cards and tiles. Plus a box for th basic resources, upgraded resources, sustenance resources and advanced resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annette L.
Germany
flag msg tools
Here you go.

I scanned and printed each sort of tile and glued the picture below the stored tiles to be able to put them back into the spaces where they belong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek McCabe
United Kingdom
Bicester
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Angua2105 wrote:
Here you go.

I scanned and printed each sort of tile and glued the picture below the stored tiles to be able to put them back into the spaces where they belong.

Now I know what I'M doing tomorrow night... Good work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Percan
Sweden
Malmö
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Angua2105 wrote:
Here you go.

Nice! That is awesome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheLegoPirate wrote:
Angua2105 wrote:
Here you go.

Now I know what I'M doing tomorrow night... Good work!

I don't tend to do foam-core inserts because I sometimes have to carry my games in a bag a kilometer to the bus, and then a short walk the other end. Or 1.5 km to a friend's house. So I bagged up hexes and cards by era, starting hexes got their own bag. I bagged up tiles by type. And a bag for the wooden pieces as they are easy enough to separate at the table. It doesn't look as nice as Angua2105's insert but it does the job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek McCabe
United Kingdom
Bicester
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Made my insert tonight!

Here's how I sort the goods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annette L.
Germany
flag msg tools
In the meantime I also created a level for the resources (and the market tiles which did not fit into the lower part because I forgot them when I designed it shake). On the plus side: The upper part can be removed from the box (which you can't do really with the lower part because I miss-measured, see comments in image gallery, I'm lousy at measuring)!

@TheLegoPirate: That's a clever idea to put the labels onto the dividers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.