4 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Should the man hunter replace the butcher (busy year 5) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
I'm playing a green knight campaign, with slenderman , and I'm wondering if I should have replaced the butcher with the manhunter. Just to make the settlement less busy

At the moment I have the following
Year 4 : butcher nemesis encounter
Return to settlement with, Gorm climate, season of the spiderlings, hands of heat, the hanged man nemesis encounter
Year 5: hunt something
Return to settlement with gorm climate, something else horrible, it's already here, an uninvited guest.

Because of the year 4 butcher nemesis encounters and the man hunter special showdown my poor settlement has two nemesis back to back, as well as discovering fire and the flower knight.

If (next time) I remove the butcher I will still have three nemesis monsters
Man hunter
Slender man
Lion knight

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Onyx
msg tools
Even if you replace the butcher, wouldn't you have four because of The Hand? Lion Knight doesn't have rules to replace anything, it's just an additional encounter (so is Manhunter though, to be fair.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam T
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
As far as I can tell, the manhunter is meant to be a dick like that.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
If you look at the timeline, he comes right after a nemesis encounter every time he shows up, always a special showdown right in the middle of the settlement phase.
Even with that though, he is one of my favorite nemesis monsters, and I usually just see it as bonus weapon XP for my survivors, as he is not especially difficult as long as you have a solid tank and the Dash action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.