Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This tile has 8a on both sides with the same ability on both sides, unlike everyone else's. This seems to be an obvious misprint?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Der Malte
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, dito!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tonksey wrote:
This tile has 8a on both sides with the same ability on both sides, unlike everyone else's. This seems to be an obvious misprint?
Looks like it - I just checked my white and blue 8 buildings and both have an 8a and an 8b side which offer different actions.

Edit since my message may not be clear: my red 8 building also has 8a on both sides, so it suffers from the same misprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone with skills make a corrective sticker for now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Spath
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, same issue here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LCG 74160
msg tools
mb
lorna wrote:
Can anyone with skills make a corrective sticker for now?

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's what I did:
1) take the 8b side of another color (in my case: yellow) and make a color copy on my printer
2) carefully cut out the actual information from the yellow border (including price and point signs in the corners)
3) glue it onto the back side of the red 8a counter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Eggertspiel will make a "sticker" downloadable. And probably more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Spath
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks Alexander. Can't wait to play it; I'm loving your games at the moment!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Kobilke
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, unfortunately, there has been a small misprint in the first edition of Great Western Trail. The red building tile number 8 is missing the b-side. This b-side can be downloaded here:

http://eggertspiele.bplaced.net/Downloads/GWT_Geb_rot_8b.jpg

Also, we will have the tile reprinted. However, this takes some time and the new tiles will not arrive before the end of 2016. As soon as we have received the tiles, anyone with a misprinted tile can get one replacement tile.

Note that this one missing b-side does not impair the playability of the game at all. The b-sides of the building tiles are only supposed to add a little more variety and even without any of them, it would take dozens of games before you have seen and tried it all.

best

Viktor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Spath
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks Viktor!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vittorioso wrote:
Will this print out to scale? That's why I used "copy another 8b tile on the color printer" approach described above: the copy will automatically have the right size, without the need for potential experiments to find the correct scaling.

vittorioso wrote:
As soon as we have received the tiles, anyone with a misprinted tile can get one replacement tile.
Great! I presume you'll publish how to get it (once you have them) on your website (and post a link in this forum).

vittorioso wrote:
Note that this one missing b-side does not impair the playability of the game at all. The b-sides of the building tiles are only supposed to add a little more variety and even without any of them, it would take dozens of games before you have seen and tried it all.
Indeed! So far we're having fun with the game without feeling the urge to use a 'b'-side at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vittorioso wrote:
Also, we will have the tile reprinted. However, this takes some time and the new tiles will not arrive before the end of 2016. As soon as we have received the tiles, anyone with a misprinted tile can get one replacement tile.

That's excellent service - thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mb
Will there be a post in thread in due time to explain where to get the new tile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hürth
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
I won an Games for Geekgold Lottery with 0.09% Chance of winning. You sure you wanna mess with me?
mbmbmbmbmb
_Kael_ wrote:
Will there be a post in thread in due time to explain where to get the new tile?

Since the designer and the publisher already posted in this thread - probably not whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp El Alaoui
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
As soon as the replacement tiles a ready we will post a note.

In the meantime please download the tile from our website: http://eggertspiele.bplaced.net/Downloads/GWT_Geb_rot_8b.pdf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question - is it possible to play some tiles with A and some with B? Or would this break the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Krick
Germany
Mülheim
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tonksey wrote:
Question - is it possible to play some tiles with A and some with B? Or would this break the game?

From what I did understand of the rules: you can mix A and B as you like as long as every player has got the same mix (did not read them through yet, but got that from the setup). So that should give quite a lot of possible building setups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjorn Petit
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
vittorioso wrote:

best

Viktor

Awesome! Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Todea
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ayrton12 wrote:
tonksey wrote:

From what I did understand of the rules: you can mix A and B as you like as long as every player has got the same mix (did not read them through yet, but got that from the setup). So that should give quite a lot of possible building setups.

Yes, the rules are quite specific, however I also wonder if each player were to choose his own sides independent of the others - would this unbalance the game?

Just curious - might put some 'faction' specific powers into the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hürth
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
I won an Games for Geekgold Lottery with 0.09% Chance of winning. You sure you wanna mess with me?
mbmbmbmbmb
tzutzy wrote:
Yes, the rules are quite specific, however I also wonder if each player were to choose his own sides independent of the others - would this unbalance the game?

Just curious - might put some 'faction' specific powers into the game.

I think the rule is a clear hint that the buildings are not 100% balanced. Therefore if every player has a different random set it could be unfair or if experienced players could choose their sides it might trend to a certain set which is stronger than others.

Maybe Alexander or Viktor will give us some insight in this decision...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Very true, Sebastian. We did not try to balance A vs B side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Przemek q
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Besides the red 8 I have found another problem after playing first time with day light not a dark pub. Couple of starting cow cards are marked with blue stains. It affects cards from multiple colors and in different places on the card so it was not stained from playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rene Raps
Netherlands
Alphen aan den Rijn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
qman wrote:
Couple of starting cow cards are marked with blue stains. It affects cards from multiple colors and in different places on the card so it was not stained from playing.

No blue staines on (starting) cow cards in my copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Botello Hernández
Spain
Huelva
Huelva
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for your message, Viktor.

I will wait for this reprinted tile. Meanwhile, can you info how can we obtain it?

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.