11 Posts

Conan» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Pict Village - First Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul F
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Conan burst into the village and smashed straight through the wall of the nearest hut. The princess wasn't there, but the three snarling hyenas that were, quickly regrouped after his dramatic entrance. Conan swung his hefty battle axe and cleaved through them all without hesitation. Pushing through the flap into the adjoining tent, he made quick work of the three Pict Hunters he had also surprised.

Shevatas sneaked in on the other side of the village. They had split up to cover ground quickly and try to find Yselda before the rest of the Picts returned. He stealthily moved into the nearest hut and managed to slay the two Hyenas with his Kris before they were even aware he was there. No princess, but a chest stood against one wall. He picked the lock with ease to find a crossbow; that might come in handy later.

Hadrathus was crouched outside the other entrance. Everything had been quiet until Conan had burst into the huts nearby; that was his cue. He ran into the village and before the lone warrior in front of him could react, disappeared in front of his eyes as he teleported inside the hut. He briefly smiled as he thought how simple that was for him, almost easier than pushing aside those heavy hides across the huts' entrances. Conan was no longer here, but the Hyena bodies and the gaping hole in one wall were clear indications he had been. A chest lay untouched amid the carnage. Hadrathus picked the lock and found an explosive orb. He had a feeling things were about to kick off so picked it up quickly.

Shevatas heard an almighty crash outside and turned round in time to see an huge snake entering his hut. It struck and despite dodging aside quickly, Shevatas was hurt; he needed to be more careful. He dodged around the huge snake and past the warrior outside into the nearby hit through the gaping hole the snake had left. Yselda lay unconscious on the floor with her hands and feet bound.

Conan and Hadrathus both heard the commotion caused by the snake and rushed towards the noise in case Shevatas needed help. "Shevatas" Conan bellowed. "Here. I've found the girl." he replied. A Pict Warrior turned to stare at the shouting; Hadrathus dispatched him quickly with lightning magic before moving into the tent to help.

Conan had one more job to do and headed to the stone hut of the Pict Chieftan. Bursting in, swinging his almighty axe, the Chieftain's head dropped to the floor before he could act. Leaving the head for now he moved outside to see if the escape route was clear. He could see a group of Pict hunters approaching the village. Suddenly a giant snake tore out of a hut and headed towards him; so that was what caused all the noise before. The snake moved fast despite its bulk and lashed out at Conan hurting him badly.

Shevatas saw the snake rush past and ran out of the hut leaving Hadrathus with Yselda. He fired the crossbow repeatedly at the snake wounding it with the flurry of bolts. Dodging around Conan he snuck inside the Chieftan's hut and picked up the gruesome trophy that Yselda's father had requested. Now they just needed to get out in one piece.

Conan took an almighty swing at the snake and buried his axe firmly in its side. The snake twitched and fell silent. Pulling his axe free he moved towards the hut containing Yselda.

Hadrathus watched through the wall as Conan approached, seriously bloodied from his battle with the snake. Suddenly Pict hunters appeared and surrounded Conan. The almighty barbarian was overwhelmed and Hadrathus saw him fall mortally wounded from their blows. Taking the exploding Orb he had found earlier he threw it into their midst. The explosion was bigger than he expected and every single Pict lay dead once the dust had cleared.
Realising they had to get out quickly now, he lifted the princess onto his shoulder. Staggering under the weight he made his way of out the village. Shevatas came running up to him holding the Chieftan's head. They had succeeded in rescuing Yselda and getting the trophy, but at the great cost of their fallen companion. They wearily headed back to return Yselda to her father.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
multifish wrote:
Conan burst into the village and smashed straight through the wall of the nearest hut.

Not to take the wind out of your sails, but...

(A) it wasn't the stone hut, was it?

(B) Conan paid 3 MP, not 2, to break through the wall, right?

Both of those refer to translation errors in the English edition: Wall Wrecker is missing the word "wooden" before "wall" and says "2 movement" instead of "2 additional movement".

:/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul F
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
It was the huts with the Hyenas in as it says next, so all good there. It is possible the first hut wall was wrecked with only 2 crystals, I can't remember exactly. I do remember deciding that breaking through a wall should be slightly more difficult than opening the hut flap, so I had decided it was a typo and was playing with 3 even before reading it here.

However, I know I wasn't paying the activation cost for teleport until after this game, so he definitely did that on the cheap!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Lukan
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Great report! I'd love to see more reports done in this style!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel K
msg tools
amazing report!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul F
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Cheers. Happy to do more like this as I play through some other scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rockatansky Ash
msg tools
It's Shevatas and Hadrathus. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pyramidou wrote:

My tip: because i can never remember their spellings, i just rename them: Shivvy and Haddy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul F
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Pyramidou wrote:

That's what I said whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't Conan start with a sword in the first battle, or have I forgotten? Swapping between that and the axe make a big difference

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul F
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hillean wrote:
Doesn't Conan start with a sword in the first battle, or have I forgotten? Swapping between that and the axe make a big difference

He starts with the battle axe in the first scenario (sword in second) so has full access to circular strike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.