Subject: 3 blue discs - what's their purpose? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Vandeweyer
Belgium
Haaltert
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found 3 blue discs in my box and I can't figure out what they are for.

They are bigger than the 20 blue discs from the rising waters expansion but share the same color > see picture

Does anyone have a clue what they are for?
I'm thinking it's an error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafaël Theunis
Belgium
Antwerpen
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey tom!

They were indeed not supposed to be in the full box, these are used for marking the flooded islands, but that's only useful if you won the first edition. In the second edition, you use the cardboard pieces!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacco Suijkerbuijk
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I also have three bigger blue discs in the box. This is what the rules say about a submerged island:

"When the players place a fifth Water Marker on an Island, that Island is submerged and all items on the Island are discarded. The players place the appropriate Submerged Island Tile on the Island. This Island is inaccessible for the rest of the game.

If 3 Islands are submerged, the game is over and the players have lost (collectively)."

I assume the bigger blue discs can be used to show that an (empty) island is submerged and is inaccessible for the rest of the game (instead of using the specific tile).

The original rules for 'The Rising Waters' says:

"When the players place the fifth water marker on an island, that island is submerged and all items on the island are discarded. The players place a SUBMERGED ISLAND token on the island. This island is inaccessible for the rest of the game."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Vandeweyer
Belgium
Haaltert
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
regulus wrote:
They were indeed not supposed to be in the full box, these are used for marking the flooded islands, but that's only useful if you won the first edition. In the second edition, you use the cardboard pieces!

That makes sense, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.