Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaawww ... non-Texans with your total lack of awareness of fireants.

So cute!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't accurately answer the question without knowing which answer was provided by your wife.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't read the original question, but let me help.

After years of marriage, I've learned in any dispute the wife is right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are vanishingly few times when your wife will concede you have won an argument. Don't waste one on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are just as bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Waller
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you guys are missing the psychological element besides the ick element. One hot summer night in France I was awoken to the most blood curdling scream every emitted by Man around 3 AM in the morning. Shaking the rags of my woolly cotton speep drunk mind I prepared for mortal combat or at least such mind boggling horror as to send Cthulhu running.

In the darknes barely lit by a sickly moonlight shining from the hall window, I saw my wife... She stood white as a sheet on the stone tiles of the hall just beyond the bedroom, one leg oddly lifted as if she were a flamingo. The tortured cry still mirrored by the twist of her lips and the mad wide open eyes. Where her foot once stood was....

a toad.

Who looked pretty annoyed himself I can tell you. He proceeded to give me the merry go-round as my wife insisted I chase the intruder out of the bedroom, through the patio doors which had remained open due to the warmth of the summer night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
My childhood home was pretty small, and had an outdoor toilet (fully plumbed, mind you, but inhabited by a happy crowd of the spiders for which Australia is famous). As the youngest child, I got to sleep in the enclosed back porch. This was the route everyone had to use to get into the backyard and/or go to the toilet. There was also a cat-door, so our moggies could come and go on their murderous errands. Frequently they brought gifts.

So early one morning when I was about seven years old I had to go out into the cold to have a piss. And I stepped out, down the step, into the sticky, disemboweled remains of a rat that one of the cats had donated.

And that's why I wear slippers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Robbins
United States
Alcoa
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't recall anything about slugs besides my mother torturing them to death with salt.

I do marvel at (and envy) our dogs' ability to step over poop or pee on the floor even in the dark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Nothing happens for a reason, but everything happens by a mechanism
badge
Nitrogen Conservation Awareness: I pee in the yard
mbmbmbmbmb
I too have stepped in rodent guts. More than once. But barefoot feces is the worst. I wouldn't even dignify the slug answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Howden
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
I believe you have mine...
badge
Bringing you quality product in the face of crushing indifference since 1970.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rate your pain on a scale of one to ten, where one is no pain at all, and ten is stepping barefoot upon a LEGO®.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both are bad, sure, but cmon - stepping in a living thing and having it explode around your foot, bleh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
...and the Eye of Sauron the Terrible few could endure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Having done both, I "prefer" the dog poop actually. Easier to clean off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
...and the Eye of Sauron the Terrible few could endure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Galstaff wrote:
Rate your pain on a scale of one to ten, where one is no pain at all, and ten is stepping barefoot upon a LEGO®.

Let me tell you about this invention young padawan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't need to be barefoot to step on a roofing nail that went right through the sole of my lawn mowin' shoes and into my foot. Went inside, hollered to my wife that I was going to get a tetanus shot, and drove to the ready clinic. The NP asked how long ago I'd stepped on the nail. I looked at my watch and said "About 45 minutes." She said I'd be fine. (And I was.)

But I couldn't help thinking of this song, a favorite from when my children still listened to "children's music."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Lola Cat 2010-2014
mbmbmbmbmb
I am both fascinated by and repulsed by dog poo. I can't stop staring at it when I see it, yet if I step in it, I want to throw my shoes out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stepping in a dog bomb barefoot is bad, but I think hitting a fresh one with a weed eater is worse. You end up covered.
gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doomfarer wrote:
Having done both, I "prefer" the dog poop actually. Easier to clean off.
It was the "yes you slip and fall down" that pushed me over the edge between the two choices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.