Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Howell
United States
Bassett
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am new to this game and I am confused about drawing cards from cadre. In the rules 6.4 states that instead of a normal card draw you can draw one face-up card from cadre. 6.5 states that extra cards from the deck or cadre cost 1 supply per card. Some of the online game play examples and session reports seem to indicate that every draw from cadre costs one supply. Just curious if anyone can clarify this?

Thanks

Dan Howell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M F
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rdh174 wrote:
I am new to this game and I am confused about drawing cards from cadre. In the rules 6.4 states that instead of a normal card draw you can draw one face-up card from cadre. 6.5 states that extra cards from the deck or cadre cost 1 supply per card. Some of the online game play examples and session reports seem to indicate that every draw from cadre costs one supply. Just curious if anyone can clarify this?

Thanks

Dan Howell

The rules could be clearer when talking about "card draws". Basically a card draw is the same thing as a supply point. It may be simpler to think of it like this. Every turn, the US gets 5 supply points and the CS gets 4 supply points.*

If you are the USA, the first 2 supply points you get each turn must be spent to draw 2 cards from your draw pile.

If you are the CSA, the first 1 supply point you get each turn must be spent to draw 1 card from your draw pile.

After that, you may spend each supply point you have, including any points you've saved from previous turns, on any one of the following:

(1) drawing one card from your draw pile;
(2) drawing one face-up card from your cadre pile;
(3) restoring three depleted units;
(4) launching one attack

...or you can save them up for the future instead (but remember your opponent can cavalry-raid you). Using your supply points for (1), (2), and (3) has to take place before you declare any attacks. You can also perform (3) after you've finished all your attacks, if you have any supply points left.

Does that make it any clearer?

*Assuming it's early war, at least a partial blockade, and CSA production has not yet been diminished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.