Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Chasteen
United States
Yorktown
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless the games specifically says to use a token, I don't normally place tokens on the board. Looking through the pile, I see a Vault token. The Vault room doesn't ask me to place a token? Should I place it anyways? Certain rooms and cards ask me to do a "sanity roll." Should I place the black triangle sanity roll token?

I feel there is a disconnect between these unused tokens and how exactly they are used. I would like a list of how each token is connected with a room or card. Maybe there is an appendix somewhere? I can't seem to find it in the rulebook. I would love for every room to have the appropriate token on it to make the game more enjoyable.

Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rue Sailmana
Netherlands
Zaandam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
:O
mbmbmbmbmb
I replaced a lot of the tokens by mini's or toys, especially the monsters. Further I only place tokens that are asked for on the cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tokens aren't necessarily connected to a room.

Tokens are more connected to a haunt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Filpus
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Disclaimer: This is based on my knowledge of the base game. The expansion might change these. (I know there's an expansion card that explicitly calls for triangle Roll tokens)

Diamond tokens are related to a room or card. (Incidentally, this means they're usually the only ones you need before the Haunt is revealed.) The Vault Empty and Below Collapsed Room are used for their respective rooms; the entry in the rulebook on special rooms says how to use them. The others are all related to cards, and the cards will explicitly say to use a token.

Triangle tokens are called for by the Haunts.

The pentagonal Item Pile tokens can be used to track where dropped items can be. (See the rules on dropping items) The other pentagonal tokens are called for by specific Haunts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.