Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Burden
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
Does anyone know if GMT is planning on having a sale this Fall/Winter? If they do, generally speaking, what kind of games are offered in the sale? Are there mostly older not as popular titles, OOP surprises or anything a bit more current in the last 2 years? I appreciate your time, information and insight on this question that I have.

Thanks,
turks1966

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Lund
Denmark
Århus
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes, Beware the Geek bringing gifts!
mbmbmbmbmb
According to their newsletter (which I recommend), their usual fall sale will be in november, due to their transition to a new orders and warehousing system

Check their homepage for details, I guess

Normally all of their in-stock titles are on sale - and you get a further discount for each P500 you have backed that got produced in the last year. (this has gotten me all sorts of goodies, such as PQ-17)

.morten
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Stites
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't remember the precise details of their Fall sale, but generally you get a discount of 20% on any/all games. For those who have supported GMT through P500 orders, instead of a 20% discount, you can get a 50% on any item for each P500 order a person has placed that shipped in the past year. Usually, they throw in an additional 50% off item, so 4 P500 orders will get you 5 half-off games; 3 P500 orders will get you 4; etc. When they announce the sale, they'll list the games that qualify for getting a 50% discount slot.

The 20%/50% discount applies to all GMT games (typically), with the exception of games that are shipping at the time of the sale or have just begun shipping within the past month or so. GMT distributes games for some other publishers, like UGG, Hexasim, and Vae Victus. Usually, the discounts do not apply to the games from other publishers. Although last year, I believe you could use it for Vae Victus games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Gillispie
United States
Chamblee
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the GMT BGG forum, someone posted a link to last year's announcement of the sale, for comparison:

https://www.gmtgames.com/news.aspx?showarticle=329

In addition,note the 'Specials' category on their webpage - in the past they've allowed the 20%/50% discounts to be layered on top of the special discounts:

http://www.gmtgames.com/s-8-specials.aspx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.