Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian McFarland
United States
Charleston
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Flagship, support ship, pumped advisor (Burton, The Renowned Explorer). Trying to find an island in the seas- 6 defense.
9 dice- 2 successes. wowshake

#dontwannaplayeveragainzombierobot

#startingnextgamenowarrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yikes!

(Technically mild spoilers in here? Probably not a huge deal).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch! What would make this perfect (in terms of angst) would be if you had one upgrade on your flagship. (If so, then you would have (barely) survived and succeeded with just one more success, or if you had put on a second upgrade...) I think there's less than a 1% chance of that result happening.

Regardless, glad you're taking it well, and better luck in your next game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McFarland
United States
Charleston
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
I will be honest and admit to being lazy and completing underestimating the difficulty and limitations of the dice rolls. I was really rushing it:

(Spoilers, 4th game in, 3 boxes unlocked)

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Next game I returned with 2 ship upgrades, an explorer advisor, and a sea based research card w/complete re-rolls. It took several turns to obtain those, but was well worth it.[o]

One thing that really opened the game for us was:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
the colony cards with the very direct goods completion goals. Our group of four was on the 4th game, and ever one said something like ' oh this makes a lot more sense now.[o]

We have been a little frustrated, but all four of us have really been enjoying Seafall and cannot wait to play again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.