Subject: How often do anti-Fire and anti-Corruption abilities take effect? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Example: My hero has an Upgrade that lets her ignore one Fire result. She is in space A. I want to move her through space B and end in space C. There is one Fire token in each of the three spaces, so I will need to roll four Sin dice for Fire (one for moving out of space A, a second for moving into space B, a third for moving out of space B and a fourth for moving into space C).

Suppose I roll four wounds. How many of them can I cancel? Does my anti-Fire ability take effect once per Turn or once per space or once per set of tokens?

Likewise for Corruption checks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Rogers
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play that the suit allows to ignore one per check... so if a hero moves from point A that has a fire token (and the roll is a hit, she can ignore that), then if she immediately moves into another space say, with two fire tokens and the rolls are one hit and one miss, she can ignore that one as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
I thought you make separate checks for enter and exit. Not one total for the journey?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Drew
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, you definitely subtract one from the result of each check, and you do each check separately for each space you enter or exit.

For example, a player with the PROXY token leaves space A and the Sin rolls 2 fire for the fire test and 1 corruption for that test. The player takes 1 fire and no corruption. That player enters space B and from the fire and corruption tokens there, the sins player rolls 1 fire and 3 corruption. The player takes no fire and 2 corruption.

The player can decide to stop there based on the damage taken or any other reason, or decide to leave space B to continue on to space C, at which point the Sin would roll tests for leaving B, and, separately, any for entering C. For both of those results, the player would avoid 1 fire and 1 corruption.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nico_RJ wrote:
Yes, you definitely subtract one from the result of each check, and you do each check separately for each space you enter or exit.

For example, a player with the PROXY token leaves space A and the Sin rolls 2 fire for the fire test and 1 corruption for that test. The player takes 1 fire and no corruption. That player enters space B and from the fire and corruption tokens there, the sins player rolls 1 fire and 3 corruption. The player takes no fire and 2 corruption.

The player can decide to stop there based on the damage taken or any other reason, or decide to leave space B to continue on to space C, at which point the Sin would roll tests for leaving B, and, separately, any for entering C. For both of those results, the player would avoid 1 fire and 1 corruption.

Thanks. What source do you have this from?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Drew
msg tools
mbmbmb
So I don't have the final rulebook available right now, but downloading the draft pdf I found on the CMON website via google, in the Movement section right under Corruption Checks is:

Quote:
In a single Move, a Hero may leave a Space containing
both Fire and Corruption tokens, and enter a Space containing
both Fire and Corruption tokens. The Sins Player
should make separate rolls for Fire and Corruption for
each time the Hero leaves a Space and enters a Space.

If the Hero is in possession of the PROXY token, he ignores
1 Wound from each Fire check, and 1 Corruption
from each Corruption check (see NPCs on page 25).

I'm sure the final rules will say basically the same thing, but you should verify. Each check is a separate roll, and each check separately is affected by things that affect checks, like Proxy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nico_RJ wrote:
So I don't have the final rulebook available right now, but downloading the draft pdf I found on the CMON website via google, in the Movement section right under Corruption Checks is:

Quote:
In a single Move, a Hero may leave a Space containing
both Fire and Corruption tokens, and enter a Space containing
both Fire and Corruption tokens. The Sins Player
should make separate rolls for Fire and Corruption for
each time the Hero leaves a Space and enters a Space.

If the Hero is in possession of the PROXY token, he ignores
1 Wound from each Fire check, and 1 Corruption
from each Corruption check (see NPCs on page 25).

I'm sure the final rules will say basically the same thing, but you should verify. Each check is a separate roll, and each check separately is affected by things that affect checks, like Proxy.

Thanks. I will try to find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.