Paul OConnor
United States
flag msg tools
mb
We had a situation last night where the Indian player husbanded his resources and waited for the Patriots to become fully involved with the British and won. The British player realized this shortly before the Winter Quarters card came up but could only try to steal the win from the Indians, which did not work.

Is there a way the British can directly help prevent an Indian win? The only way we could think of last night was for the British to essentially ally with the Patriots and go easy on them so the Patriots could pivot towards the Indians and that did not feel right to us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Aside from a few Events that remove Villages the British also have the Common Cause SA, that can play utter havoc with the Indians' plans while simultaneously improving the British situation. Watch out for reciprocal Scout Commands though!

That said, one of the main points of Liberty or Death is that the historical Revolution really was a two-front war for the Patriots, and one where it was just as important to defeat the Indians as it was to defeat the British. If the Patriots fail to destroy enough Villages, they will lose the game to the French even if they defeat the British in terms of Opposition vs Support.

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Buchanan
United States
RSF
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The British would do what they did in the actual war. Fail to give the Indians promised protection.

If you don't watch your ally throuout the game it's hard to steal from them at the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Williams
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played the game once, a full campaign as the Patriots/French against the British/Indian bots. Several turns into the game I was thinking the Indians were kind of a snoozer of a side, content to gather and build villages. I learned the full pain of a massed Indian confederation when the bot flow chart moved to war path and other disruptive nastiness.

They really came across as a fun faction requiring a lot of finesse. Easy to ignore until they swoop in to cause all sorts of problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul OConnor
United States
flag msg tools
mb
I have played 3 times now and the Indians have won twice with the same strategy you described. The other game was a Patriot win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.