$5.00
$20.00
Alam Muammar
Indonesia
Bandung
West Java
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Euro games tend to rewarding if you focus on a certain aspect, and if you do a little bit of everything at the end of the game doesn't reward good vp. I have no problem with this, but the fun of try everything sometime being sacrifice. Ussually when focusing it will give you engine building and speed up things, this is good but..sometimes I enjoy getting this and that. Well, I am looking for games that more rewarding if you do a lot of different things rather than just focusing on certain aspect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agricola. Especially playing the so-called family game, which is really misnamed, it's really the purest form of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Vinci / Small World you need to repeatedly decline your civilization and restart one, usually with very different attributes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
In some games your final score is the minimum of several scores. Ingenious and Tigris & Euphrates come immediately to mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haakon Gaarder
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
alam1000malam wrote:
Euro games tend to rewarding if you focus on a certain aspect, and if you do a little bit of everything at the end of the game doesn't reward good vp.

Most eurogames I've tried actually force you to do a little of everything. Agricola, Le Havre, Through the Ages, Carcassonne and Catan are some I can think of right now. What games have you played that reward specialization? I'd like to play games that do that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Nordin
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bora bora. It's less of an engine builder and more of timing things so you can do everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most games from Stefan Feld.

Trajan is a good example.

While some focusing is good, you do not really need to fully focus on one aspect of the game, but can (and should) take part in most if not all of them.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Curato
France
Albi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dearlove wrote:
Agricola. Especially playing the so-called family game, which is really misnamed, it's really the purest form of the game.

Agree and I must add that Caverna is even more electic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.