Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Meadows
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MM Games produce 'Print and Play' board and card games which are available for free.

Our new site has just been launched and is available at the address below;

http://mmboardgames.page.tl/

Games which can be found there include Star Wars: Stolen Plans Card Game, Indiana Jones Card Game,LOST The Card Game, Prisoner Cell Block H Card Game, Smallville Board Game

We produce unauthorised, unofficial games made merely for the entertainment fans of the subject matter and we are non-profit making.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
matthewmeadows wrote:
MM Games produce 'Print and Play' board and card games which are available for free.

Our new site has just been launched and is available at the address below;

http://mmboardgames.page.tl/

Games which can be found there include Star Wars: Stolen Plans Card Game, Indiana Jones Card Game,LOST The Card Game, Prisoner Cell Block H Card Game, Smallville Board Game

We produce unauthorised, unofficial games made merely for the entertainment fans of the subject matter and we are non-profit making.

Designing and developing a game is always a lot of work.

This said, it is wise to produce un-licensed board games based on heavy licenses such as LOST or Star Wars? I mean, they gain lots of attention i think, but at the same time there is a good possibility that the owners of the rights ask you to remove the game (or re-theme it...).

Would'nt it be better to concentrate on original material instead?

(please, notice: this is NOT meant to be polemic, absolutely. Just a discussion )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Meadows
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your comments.

Whenever i watch and enjoy a film or TV show my imagination kicks in and within minutes i have thought up a game so that i can continue to enjoy the theme of the show in a different way.
Up until recently they were only for myself and my family to play, but friends kept telling me that other people who are also passionate about the shows and films that i enjoy, would enjoy playing my games. Sharing my ideas with other fans is my only goal. If i was a Smallville fan for example and i didnt make my own games, i would do anything to find and play a Smallville game - a game based on a made-up young superhero (not Clark Kent) wouldnt quite be the same!

I understand that from a commercial point of view my games are not appropriate, but that really is not my intention. As far as the legal side, my productions are if anything a 'tribute' to the shows i love so much, but if their legal people dont see it that way i will have no problems removing them from the internet.

I have made many games over the years which are not based around copyrighted shows or films, which i will publish soon on my website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.