$5.00
R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
This user loves Easter eggs.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys! I'm a huge fan of the Birth of a Nation Series and can't wait to add this game to my collection.

I kickstarted 1775 and do the same for 1754 but it's my understanding that it's only going to be an Add-on for 897s add-on? Will there be different levels of adding on? Any stretch goals or upgrades?

My copy of 1775 KS came with a few dice missing ink in the indentations of some sides which the company quickly replaced as soon as I asked. The upgraded wooden "card holder boards" included as a KS promo also had poorly printed color (red British Regular came out pink, etc.) Is something like that card holder part of the new roll promo package and have those issues been corrected?

Can we expect a suite of swanky new contest MBs like the ones I sport now? I know, who cares about microbadges right? But I love them.

Can we expect many game mechanic differences? I see the new board has what appear to be small boat travel zones or something of that nature. Looks really interesting.

Super excited for the new game, thanks for keeping them coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Sheldon
United States
Springfield
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had not heard it will be an add on to the 879: Vikings – The Invasions of England Kickstarter.

But you can pre-order here with the option of card holders and limited Treaty of Paris 1763 board. (Pre-ordered my copy!)

https://academygames.com/games/pre-order

I don't know about tweaks to game mechanics. And I had no issues with the components in either 1775 or 1812.

Great series...cannot wait to get this one and 879!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume since later editions of 1775 did not have this problem with the dice, they must have corrected it. No company aims to have component issues, so it is a bit hard to say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Sheldon
United States
Springfield
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KissellMissile wrote:
I assume since later editions of 1775 did not have this problem with the dice, they must have corrected it. No company aims to have component issues, so it is a bit hard to say.

I also have the KS version. So maybe an anomaly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
This user loves Easter eggs.
mbmbmbmbmb
EarlofBronze wrote:
KissellMissile wrote:

I also have the KS version. So maybe an anomaly?

Could be. There were multiple dice in my original 1775 on which a side simple didn't get the ink where it needed to go.. like half a bullseye. The company quickly fixed it at no charge to me though so I'm a happy customer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Densham
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
1754 is available for pre-order AND will be an add on for the Vikings kickstarter. So everyone's correct!

We just sent the print request, and are awaiting the manufacturer's proof. Hopefully no dice drama.

I have no idea how microbadges get created, seems to be some sore of magical entity that creates them.

The base game mechanics will be familiar, but forts have been added and make for interesting strategic decisions.

Thanks for the interest in the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheeler
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim of Academy wrote:
1754 is available for pre-order AND will be an add on for the Vikings kickstarter. So everyone's correct!

Will the pre-order bonuses be included for those adding it on during the kickstarter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Densham
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Michael, sorry, do not know as the Kickstarter script is still a work in progress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.