Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Bachelor
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was discussing games and game design with some friends when a question came to me.

Is there a resource management game where you collect resouces that are specifically used to destroy something? There are wargames that involve resouce managment, but the resources are used to keep armies on the board - and are an indirect part of the battle. I am looking for a game where resouces are used more directly to destroy a building or a city or some other item.

For example, In Settlers of Catan (to pick a resource managment game a LOT of people know), you take 1 wood and 1 brick and lay down a road. I am looking for a game where you might lay down 1 saltpeter and 1 sulfur to blow up a road - or a building.

One of my friend mentioned it might be a good question to pose to BGG, so here it is. What games out there fit this description?

MB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
The best I can think of would be Monsters Menace America. You can collect Infamy tokens, which can be used later to modify a later attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic: the Gathering involves this. You tap your mana (resources) and spend it on spells, which can be destruction spells. There are also spells which create things (and some even do both). However, outside the CCG world I'm not sure I can help you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Bring me her heart in this box.
mbmbmbmbmb
The cooperative game Vanished Planet has some of the elements you're looking for. You collect resources to make machines and things to keep the "thing" from destroying your planet. You can generate mines to blow up creature tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.