Subject: Counter Attack at Night? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Gabrielli
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What happens if the japanese counter attack happens at night, with regard to lettered actions if US units are in the positions field of fire? i.e. the jananese can only fire at units adj, but the US units could be in the field of fire of the position with regard to activating lettered actions for the position. Did I write the coherently? THX

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Åkerlund
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I assume you mean if you draw the Counterattack event as the second event on turn 15?

The rules are not clear but since there are no events on turn 16, I'd say you would then do the counterattack on turn 17 instead.

For the record, Assault actions during the night turn only affect hexes adjacent to occupied Japanese positions, so IF a counterattack would be allowed at night, only US units in those hexes could be affected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Gabrielli
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes sorry, I drew the counter attack on turn 15 2nd event, so I did it on the night turn fire phase. I allowed any US units in the original field of fire to be assaulted-my reason being night assaults were common japanese tactics-AND THEN I preformed the 2nd Japanese fire phase as per the night rules.
Needless to say I took a beating. I had won the 15 turn game but decided to play on for the hell of it. IDK, I can win the 10 turn 90% of the time and the 15 turn 50% of the time, IMO there is no way to win the 30 turn game, there is just to many lettered actions from turn 11 to 30 and after the Japanese reforming at the end of the night turn, its like starting from scratch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.