Subject: Income in the last round rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
PY D
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In phase 7 of the last round, do the players get income (which can still be used to cover spaces and during the last feast) or is it only added to the scoring without actually giving the silver tokens ?

I found that the paragraph about income in the scoring section could be interpreted both ways.

Thanks !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
kettch wrote:
In phase 7 of the last round, do the players get income (which can still be used to cover spaces and during the last feast) or is it only added to the scoring without actually giving the silver tokens ?

I found that the paragraph about income in the scoring section could be interpreted both ways.

Thanks !

Frank Heeren has confirmed here that you can take the income as physical silver OR write it down as a convenience: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23977955#23977955

If I recall correctly, the German translation is more accurate here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Avery
Canada
Kamloops
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kettch wrote:

Thanks !

You can take it, but there isn't any point in taking it. As a silver piece it is worth one point; if you took it and put it on your board, it would cancel out a -1 instead, which means it is still effectively worth one point. Just easier to follow the rulebook and write the income down instead of fiddling around with the silver tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
familygaming wrote:
kettch wrote:

Thanks !

You can take it, but there isn't any point in taking it. As a silver piece it is worth one point; if you took it and put it on your board, it would cancel out a -1 instead, which means it is still effectively worth one point. Just easier to follow the rulebook and write the income down instead of fiddling around with the silver tokens.

It only occasionally happens, but sometimes people might want to use it for a feast or to activate a card (see the thread linked above).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PY D
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my case, it would have allowed me to fill some spaces on the board which, in turn, allowed me to place a bigger piece covering some income spaces. Of course, increasing my income after the last income phase would be pointless but I was also covering some additional "-1" spaces so it was worth it.

Anyway, thanks for the pointer, it's clear now !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McGreevy
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
familygaming wrote:
kettch wrote:

Thanks !

Discovered that income was needed by a player so that she could place more green tiles at end of game so she could cover income spaces and thus place more green tiles efficiently covering all of her -1 spots. Glad you have an option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fridjof B
Norway
Tranby
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kettch wrote:
In my case, it would have allowed me to fill some spaces on the board which, in turn, allowed me to place a bigger piece covering some income spaces. Of course, increasing my income after the last income phase would be pointless but I was also covering some additional "-1" spaces so it was worth it.

Agree on this way of doing it, since you could have some tiles on the side you could not place yet due to lacking "one-pieces" and the restrictions of placement. Anyways, if covering up the income spaces after cashing out the last income, I wouldn't say it changes the level of your final income for scoring purposes, even if it does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.