Popular Tags: [View All]
Javier Quintas
Spain
DAGANZO DE ARRIBA
MADRID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Nobody had problems with battle rules? I do not have any particular question, is just a matter of the whole concept. Rolling dice is simple, but assigning damage is the part I do not understand.

Can someone explain it to me please?

Many thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ynaca eco licario
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Calvo, no te han hecho ni p*** caso por aquí los beggegers. No hay dios que suelte prenda sobre este juego. A ver si nos iluminas en la próxima charleta, por tu mare. Y cuando va a salir a la venta para los mortales?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier Quintas
Spain
DAGANZO DE ARRIBA
MADRID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jajajaja
No problem.... creo que ya me enteré... pero espero q alguno me conteste a ver si mi intuición era correcta.... pero telita...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacques
Germany
München
flag msg tools
It is indeed a bit confusing but I’ll try to explain how we understood it.
First of all, the rules mention “Military Power” as the small army token and “Military Power Value” as the strength printed on a Empire Character.

I’ll use along my explanation the following example: Zyne (kingdom character), with 4 armies token and an ally which bring +1 battle die is attacking an Empire character with Military power Value 3 and Health 3 along with 2 army tokens located in a city.

Here is how the battle works:
1) Pay the cost to move. Since you have 4 army tokens and the city has no modifier, pay 4 resources
2) Roll an amount of dice equal to your strength. You have 4 army units and a +1 battle die bonus. However, the city has a defensive bonus of 1, that you need to substract from the amount of dice you roll. You’ll then roll 4+1-1=4 dice. Let’s assume the results were 6, 4, 3, 1 (with Zyne in attack, this corresponds to two hits, one miss and one loss).
3) Assign the dice to each “strength point” of the enemy (military power and military power value). You cannot assign dice to the character as long as there are army tokens left with unassigned dice. In our example, you will not be able to assign more than two dice to the character since you need to assign two to the army tokens.
You then have the following choices:
- Assign your two hits to the army tokens and remove them. Assign the loss and the miss to the character.
- Assign the loss and the miss to the army tokens. Assign the two hits to the character and deal her two damages
- Assign one hit to the character and one to an army token, while you assigned one miss/loss to the other army token and one to the character
The miss die has no effect.
The loss die deals you one damage.
4) Each enemy “strength point” that hasn’t had an assigned die deals one damage to you.
Since you didn’t roll enough die to cover all strength points, you get (3+2)-4 =1 extra damage
5) Since the enemy unit is not defeated, go back to the position you came from. If it were defeated, advance to the enemy position.

In the case you have more dice than the amount of “strength points”, it’s all good for you: you can always assign extra hit to the character in order to deplete its health and you do not have to assign extra loss rolls.

If you battle in defence, you follow the same rules except you get the defensive bonus of the tile (i.e. extra dice) and you use the defense table for hit/miss/loss. Do not forget you can retreat in defence by paying regular movement cost plus two resources.

I hope it helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier Quintas
Spain
DAGANZO DE ARRIBA
MADRID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for your explanation. It is clear now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.