2 Posts

Steam Torpedo: First Contact» Forums » Rules

Subject: (x2) two keys rule is confusing - HELP rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alessandra Mota
United States
flag msg tools
I have a question about the two keys icon (x2) on Steam Torpedo. I still don't understand how this rule makes it different from something like the duty button on the 84mm Orwell Canon.

If I have 2 crew members on Orwell Canon, according to the duty button: this effect can be triggered multiple times, as long as there are crew member available and ready to trigger the effect.

That is: if I have 2 ready crew members on the Orwell Canon and I activate both of them... I would do 4 damage... if I have 3 ready crew members.. 6 damage.

What makes the x2 different from that? If I have 1 crew member on Radio-Controlled Shark and activate, it will cause 2 damage... if I have 2 crew members it will cause 4 damage.. same as the Orwell Canon, which doesn't have the x2 symbol. So to me, according to the rules, it seems that if the effect needs to be doubled: (4x2) = 8 damage.... which makes it overpowered and unbalanced. I don't understand this rule, because Bruno said it means 2x2.. = 4 on another post. But I still don't understand how this rule is special and different from other compartments with the normal duty button.

Shouldn't the x2 mean that you CAN ONLY trigger when you have at least 2 crew members? If so... the rule is confusing because it says: it CAN be triggered by two members... which makes me believe that I have the option to trigger it with 1 crew member if I want.

Can someone clarify this rule? Thank you very much!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The difference is it triggers twice so your opponent gets to soak it each time. x2 means it deals double damage so your opponent only applies soak once.

2 damage soak 1, 2 damage soak one nets 2 damage to your opponent.
4 damage soak 1 nets 3 damage to your opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.