Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Casiglio
United States
Ansonia
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have to admit, this one seems almost impossible for the traitors to me, so I want to clarify that we read it correctly.

The twins need to make a connection between themselves and the nodes that covers 20 continuous rooms. I (and the rest of our group) took this to mean that you had to be able to trace the "line" from one twin to the other without "lifting your finger" or doubling back.

Did we interpret that correctly?

The two people playing the twins quickly decided that it would be much easier to just kill all the other explorers and then make the line, and the game just devolved into a battle royal, which they quickly lost (3 on 2).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Groff-Folsom
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what you mean by "lifting your finger" or doubling back.

You have to trace through 20 (formerly) continuous rooms, including all the nodes.

We interpreted continuous to follow the rules that players follow to move. This includes secret stairs, the collapsed room, stairs between levels, but not conditional (trait roll required) or variable paths like the mystic slide or mystic elevator.

The rules don't say your path can't cross over itself. I think it can still be continuous if it passes through the same room twice, but it won't count the room twice.

It still remains a difficult haunt. 20 rooms is a lot, and the node placement rules are tough. However, the twins have a huge advantage in a fight (Traitor's Tome spoiler):

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The traitors should remember that the twins can return a stat to starting value when they are in the same room as a node. Based on that, the twins should take damage in one stat and then heal it in a node room if they are being attacked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.