Another non-player question. These flowcharts hurt my brain
We have the situation per this picture. It's Roman's to go. Now my reading on this is as follows:
1. The situation in Mandubii meets the conditions of the first diamond. No where else does.
2. However, they fail the Battle check because this would lead to the loss of Legions.
3. So instead the Romans will March.
4. The first location eligible for March is Mandubii
5. Then Nervii, Treveri and Provincia
6. There are 7 Legions on the map so 2 regions should be selected
7. No player has a 0+ victory margin
8. There are 2+ Germanic Allies on the map, all in Germania, so the Suebi regions are the target
9. One Auxilia would need to remain behind in Treveri to prevent the Germans taking control
10. This means 7 Legions and 9 Auxilia should be split between the two Germania regions (Caesar, 4 Legions and 4/5 Auxilia in one, 3 Legions and 4/5 Auxilia in the other, with Auxilia split determined by die roll)
11. Caesar will got to North Suebi to ensure the Auxilia split is even as possible
11. This will cost 10 resources
12. The non-player Aedui will let Caesar pass
13. The Germans in Treveri would harass but lack the numbers to do any damage
14. The Romans would Build because they only have 4 resources left following March which is below the required 6.
15. Instead they would Scout.
16. All areas have supply except Atrebates, and there aren't enough Auxilia to change the supply situation here.
17. No Auxilia move to join Legions as they're either already with Legions, or it would impact supply
18. So instead the Auxilia scout in Germania, using one Auxilia in the south and three in the north to scout all the warbands.
19. Roman turn ends with their marker on Command + Special
That look right?
What would happen if the Romans in Mandubii were unable to reach Germania? Would you then go for Germania only with territories that could reach it? Would you generate a separate target preference for Mandubii? Would Mandubii not move?
- Last edited Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:29 pm (Total Number of Edits: 5)
- Posted Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:30 pm
Mostly right, here's where I see mistakes and some comments:
6/10 There are actually 9 legions on the map, so the split is 5 and 4 legions. Cesar and 5 legions will be in Sugambri as you note in 11.
12. Aedui couldn't harass even if they wanted to since warbands are not hidden.
18. They will also scout in Treveri.
I skip any priorities that can't be fulfilled. I.e. If some legions can't make it to Germania allies I'd proceed to the third bullet to pick a second destination. Th first destination would be randomly determined between regions with German allies.
I am not 100% sure that this is correct though.
D'oh! I actually had 9 Legions in the post then edited it out since I counted only seven on rechecking the picture. Thankfully when it came to moving the units on the board I did them all
Given the rules don't cover destinations that cannot be reached I'm not sure there is a correct. I think I'll raise it in errata.