6 Posts

Cottage Garden» Forums » Rules

Subject: Start in a 3p game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Heidelberger
msg tools
Short question which came up in my first 3p game:
Where do the first player start? At the spot indicated as "Start" or at the spot right after indicated by a single arrow ">"?

Thank you for clearing this up for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miha hančič
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think it's on the start spot... it is a bit confusing though, the arrows are for three players, but they don't match as you go around each time

But there is a * by the three players start spot, so I'm guessing there is some clarification about that in the rules

this is what I found in the rules page 10

"In a three player game, there is a shift. Whenever the Gardener reaches the starting space, each player is assigned a new arrow. Until then, you can orient your turns on a particular symbol in order to plan ahead."

So you could be the first player and have a three arrows in the first round instead of one, two arrows in the secon and in the third just one arrow...

p.s. I think it could be easier if the starting space would be the place you skip, then there would be the same arrow for a player every time, every turn... just thinking here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Dringautzki
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
My Blog - Shades Of Boardgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
Marswalker wrote:
Short question which came up in my first 3p game:
Where do the first player start? At the spot indicated as "Start" or at the spot right after indicated by a single arrow ">"?

Thank you for clearing this up for me!

The first turn always starts on the start field.

The arrows just align to a specific player which in a three player game changes which is indicated by the "*".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helena Hovancova
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MeeplePeat wrote:

The first turn always starts on the start field.

The arrows just align to a specific player which in a three player game changes which is indicated by the "*".

And where does the 6th round start? 1 spot after 5th time crossing "Finish" spot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Kern
United States
Florence
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
helena_poprad wrote:
And where does the 6th round start? 1 spot after 5th time crossing "Finish" spot?

The rules say:
Quote:
When the Gardener die is turned to „6“, the final round begins immediately.

So it happens when the die reaches the "Finish" space, not after.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it mean that in a 3 player game, the "1/2 player start space", is never used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.