4 Posts

Rex: Final Days of an Empire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fresh recruits card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barbapapa Barbapou
msg tools
Hello,

When can I play this card? At the beginning of the recruitment phase! Or at the beginning of my recruitment phase?

Thank you !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Ronke
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barbapapa2014 wrote:
Hello,

When can I play this card? At the beginning of the recruitment phase! Or at the beginning of my recruitment phase?

Thank you !

We've always played recruitment as happening at roughly the same time to keep the game moving along, so this hasn't come up before.

If you have very strict rules-lawyering going on, then I'd suggest it probably should be played at the start of the phase, rather than "your" phase. Meaning that the first player of the phase will need to pause a beat to allow you to play it.

However, I don't think people should, in practice, play this way. Recruitment isn't a decision-heavy portion of the game, and this just strikes me as a way to get very, very finicky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barbapapa Barbapou
msg tools
Thank you very much for your answer.

I'am a little finicky, it's true.whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Ronke
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barbapapa2014 wrote:
Thank you very much for your answer.

I'am a little finicky, it's true.whistle

If you really want this distinction to matter, I'd suggest still allowing it to be played at any time during the phase, but giving earlier players the ability to correct their original recruitments if they wish (in order, if necessary).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.