Virus» Forums » Rules

Subject: Combat Action Cost rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Con Sequence
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I succeed in throwing a positive Adrenaline token during combat, do I - at the end of the Real Time phase - have to pay 1 Action cube for the combat anyway?

What if I'm in combat, roll positive Adrenaline, get back all my Action cubes and then get to use all of my Action cubes in the same Real Time phase (e.g. for moving): (How) Do I have to pay an Action cube for the combat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Quondam
Italy
Roma
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
no, in this case not, as you recovered all of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyp Ganner
msg tools
I'm sorry but this really isn't what is said in the rulebook.

Quote:
A positive Adrenaline token allows a player to recover all cubes rolled (not token) to his stock after that round of combat.

It is clearly said that you get back the "rolled" cubes. It doesn't concern the cube that is used for the combat action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Quondam
Italy
Roma
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ganner wrote:
I'm sorry but this really isn't what is said in the rulebook.

Quote:
A positive Adrenaline token allows a player to recover all cubes rolled (not token) to his stock after that round of combat.

It is clearly said that you get back the "rolled" cubes. It doesn't concern the cube that is used for the combat action.

The cube to put on the room is taken from rolled cubes. So if there aren't available you is avoid to do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Con Sequence
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The English rulebook also contains that rule in the Real Time phase section under Combat:

page 7 wrote:
At the end of the Real Time phase, place 1 Action cube used in combat on the room to mark it.

That's why the question came up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyp Ganner
msg tools
You're right !

I missed this point. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Why don't you put a cube from the reserve? The point of the cube is to indicate noise, correct? Why would it matter whether you rolled a positive adrenaline? You still made noise even if you "Adrenalined" all you cubes back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Con Sequence
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aram12 wrote:
Why don't you put a cube from the reserve? The point of the cube is to indicate noise, correct? Why would it matter whether you rolled a positive adrenaline? You still made noise even if you "Adrenalined" all you cubes back.

Yeah, paying the cube anyway would totally make sense from a thematic point of view.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.