$20.00
Edward Loomis
msg tools
My playgroup encountered the Tree House for the first time last night, and it caused a bit of debate due to differing interpretations of the art of the card. In brief:

- Is the treehouse adjacent to the Plant Token in addition to its two doors?

- or does the second door in the Tree House connect to the plant token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge B
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lumancer wrote:

- Is the treehouse adjacent to the Plant Token in addition to its two doors?

This is how we played it... The second interpretation seems strange (in fact, both doors of the tree house can easily just conect normally to other rooms in the same floor).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Loomis
msg tools
This was my assumption as well, especially given that both doors have the usual yellow outlines. The sticking point for most of my friends was some weirdness in the art that looked like one door had a small staircase or other progression upward in front of it. Enough of them agreed on the visual interpretation that I figured it worth asking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Taylor
United States
Camino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The artwork on the tile can give you either answer.

The main part of the tree is going past the top of the tile, there are also boards nailed to it, like a ladder or steps. That is the path to the second floor.

The door on the left side of the tile is closer to the ground. It would appear that is the door that you're going through when you find the room. You walk down the stairs until you are at the base of the tree, then climb up the tree to find the bridge to the door on the second floor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Landon Bradford
msg tools
I read it was a warp point.

For example, you flip and play the Tree House tile, you place the plant token on an upper open door(that door is now blocked) and now you can use that as a path from the the upper room to the Tree House.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I interpret it is you have the door that is on the edge of the tile, that is what you connect to the door you used to discover it. The small door is inset quite a bit. It is not on the edge of the tile. We figure that is the door to the room you put the plant token on, like you are walking on a branch to get to that room. However, I can see how other are interpreting it differently.

There is an image in the gallery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.