Papà Paolo» Forums » General

Subject: For anyone who's played Food Chain Magnate, how does this compare? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've looked at FCM, but it seems way more complex and cutthroat than I want to tackle. But this looks to have similar ideas in perhaps a lighter, simpler, family-friendlier package.

Can anyone who's played both (or even if you've just played Papa) attest to the complexity, cutthroated-ness, and family friendliness of this in comparison?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply! That's what I wanted to know. FCM's basic ideas are so appealing to me, but the cutthroat play and complexity turn me off. Even if I would ultimately enjoy it, I know that 99% of the people I game with would throw in the towel within twenty minutes!

It's good to hear that PP is more approachable and somewhere between gateway territory and medium territory. That's pretty much my wheelhouse. (And you're right, PP is a much prettier package!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.