New Bedford» Forums » Rules

Subject: Movement phase in solo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Lafrenière
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a bit confuse about the selling rule in solo. So, if I sell a Whale Token in solo, does the AI captain takes the tokens ? What about a game with more than 1 AI captain ? I really searched everywhere, but I must have missed something !

Thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sorelboy wrote:
I'm a bit confuse about the selling rule in solo. So, if I sell a Whale Token in solo, does the AI captain takes the tokens ? What about a game with more than 1 AI captain ? I really searched everywhere, but I must have missed something !

Thanks !

It was confirmed here in the forums somewhere that if you sell a whale during the "return" portion of the movement phase the AI captain will buy it. If there are more than one AI captain, the one that is first in player order that turn will take it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Lafrenière
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok... It is quite logic. So, if I sell 2 tokens, does the first AI captain takes both of them or do they alternate ?

Again... thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sorelboy wrote:
Ok... It is quite logic. So, if I sell 2 tokens, does the first AI captain takes both of them or do they alternate ?

Again... thanks !

Alternate! You're welcome, fun game isn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Doyen
msg tools
What happens if you are playing against Starbuck and he already has 10 whales?? Am I just not able to sell? The wording is tricky because it says he cannot "catch" more than 10 whales.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ddoyen wrote:
What happens if you are playing against Starbuck and he already has 10 whales?? Am I just not able to sell? The wording is tricky because it says he cannot "catch" more than 10 whales.

I have played this as you can still sell a whale, but Starbuck doesn't take it if he is at his maximum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Doyen
msg tools
Thanks Rev!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Levan
United States
Glenside
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Hast ye seen the White Whale?
mbmbmbmbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
ddoyen wrote:

I have played this as you can still sell a whale, but Starbuck doesn't take it if he is at his maximum.

That's right, selling and buying are two separate actions. You can always sell whale tokens and get the extra money. If a captain already has his max number of whales, he just can't buy them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.