8 Posts

Level 99 Games» Forums » News

Subject: Seventh Cross rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jawby
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This upcoming game, Seventh Cross, was mentioned briefly in Level 99 Games' recent Kickstarter for their second printing of Millennium Blades. The description sounds amazing but not much was really said. If anyone has any new information about Seventh Cross please post it here and thank you very much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
I can give a little more information here...

Seventh Cross is a rogue-like exploration game for 2-6, which combines elements of paragraph adventure games like Tales of the Arabian Nights and exploration elements like Betrayal at House on the Hill together to form a Castlevania/Bloodborne/Hellsing sort of narrative adventure.

-------

The year is 1920. Beneath the surface of society, an ancient and enigmatic Church suppresses knowledge of the supernatural to protect the greater good of humanity and retain its grip on the world. Vast conspiracies with unknown ends move in the shadows–secret societies and ancient empires–and they seek to restore the lost, mystical power of ages past. Dark magic breeds monsters within the hearts of men, which break through to the surface and consume them. It falls to the hunters of the Church to destroy these monsters before they come to light.

Take on the role of a Church Hunter, a sworn defender of the world against the forces of darkness, and delve into the heart of evil as you explore your way through ever-changing castles filled with unique narrative. Meet mysterious and treacherous characters, do battle with terrible monsters, and confront the darkness in your own soul as you walk the narrow line between the pursuit of power and its ultimate cost.

-------

That game is under construction now and planned for 2018 or very late 2017.

We will be introducing the characters in EXCEED Season 2, which features 16 characters from this new storyline/world. In EXCEED, when the characters enter Exceed Mode, they embrace their darker natures and transform completely. The game also features a new Transformation option, which replaces the boosts on some cards. More info on the character roster and new systems will be coming soon! Here's a teaser though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jawby
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you very much!!! I definitely know where my money is going 2017/2018. I'll also look into pledging for season 2 of exceed. Thanks again!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmb
An exploration and pararaph hybrid from the guys who put "way too much in the box" of all their games? Where does one sign up for that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jawby
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Also, it seems like all awesome games are set in the 1920s!!! (which is awesome!!!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dante Pendragon
United States
Montclair
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They mentioned this in their end of year email and I flew on here to see if it was up yet so I could become a fan of what I already know will be one of my favorite games of 2017/2018
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jawby
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hahaha! Awesome!!! Now that we know it is going to be a "big box" game I'm freaking out even more!!! Feels like it's already a top 10 of 2017 for me just by the description!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. S.
Spain
flag msg tools
Jawby wrote:
Hahaha! Awesome!!! Now that we know it is going to be a "big box" game I'm freaking out even more!!! Feels like it's already a top 10 of 2017 for me just by the description!

Yup. Hoping it provides something like the emergent narrative of KDM without the outrageous prices and a more joyful aesthetic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.