torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I gave this game a trial round to have less doubts when I try it out with my group.
Result? A lot of questions

Please give me a hand.

- Can you perform the build action multiple times in a round on the same structure. What I mean is, can I build the Roof or Palicade twice in the same round by assigining two groups to the action?

- What happens if you placed a Shortcut and then move the camp to a place that makes it non-adjacent? Can you still use the ability, or is the token lost?

- Sleepless Night (Event) - just to be clear, I place one V token in each action space. So, 3 V tokens it total. Correct?

- Argument (Event)- Since it says that this round two different players cannot do an action together, you can only do the threat action next round. Correct?
Also, is Friday considered a player in this instance? Or can he help another player?

- Shield (Invention) - From the moment I build it until the end of the game I have access to an extra red disc every round, correct?

- Cook's Hooch ability - this converts 1 Snow to 1 Rain; or 1 Rain into nothing, right?

- Candles (Token)- This give me one brown disc ONCE, right? Or is it every turn?

- Map (Invention)- This gives me a green disc every round, right?

- Pit (Invetion) - Does this happen every round? Or just once after I build it? Or saw myself having no problem with food after I had this and the Invention that turns every food into non-perishable food (that one is also permantent, right?).

- Herbs (Castaways' special token) - This allows me to heal 1 wound from 1 character, right?

- Mess in the Camp - This adds the "1 more action required" to the Arrange Camp action, and there's no way to remove it right?

- The only way of finding beasts and adding them to the Hunting deck is through exploring, right? Which means the amount of fur you get depends on the beasts that come out that way (because some give no fur).
I had a hard time finding beasts and getting fur.

Extra question: There are only 11 tiles (including the starting beach) right? Which means the island will have one open space when the tiles are exhausted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
torontoraptors wrote:
I gave this game a trial round to have less doubts when I try it out with my group.
Result? A lot of questions

Please give me a hand.

- Can you perform the build action multiple times in a round on the same structure. What I mean is, can I build the Roof or Palicade twice in the same round by assigining two groups to the action?
Yes, as long as you have enough resources to allocate at the beginning of the action phase.

- What happens if you placed a Shortcut and then move the camp to a place that makes it non-adjacent? Can you still use the ability, or is the token lost?
The shortcut is lost when camp is moved. Return it to its invention side, and put it back where it started. If the explorer builds it again, s/he will gain 2 determination again as well.

- Sleepless Night (Event) - just to be clear, I place one V token in each action space. So, 3 V tokens it total. Correct?
That's correct.

- Argument (Event)- Since it says that this round two different players cannot do an action together, you can only do the threat action next round. Correct?
Also, is Friday considered a player in this instance? Or can he help another player?

That's also correct. Friday counts as a player for these (any several other) purposes.

- Shield (Invention) - From the moment I build it until the end of the game I have access to an extra red disc every round, correct?
Yes.

- Cook's Hooch ability - this converts 1 Snow to 1 Rain; or 1 Rain into nothing, right?
One snow cloud into one rain cloud yes, or ignore 1 rain cloud. If the die shows more than one cloud, you can't apply it to both.

- Candles (Token)- This give me one brown disc ONCE, right? Or is it every turn?
Discovery tokens are all one use only.

- Map (Invention)- This gives me a green disc every round, right?
Most (all?) of the inventions which provide extra pawns do so for every round for the rest of the game.

- Pit (Invetion) - Does this happen every round? Or just once after I build it? Or saw myself having no problem with food after I had this and the Invention that turns every food into non-perishable food (that one is also permantent, right?).
The pit and cellar are both permanent effects, though the pit isn't guaranteed to give you food every round. It sure helps a lot when it does, though!

- Herbs (Castaways' special token) - This allows me to heal 1 wound from 1 character, right?
Yes.

- Mess in the Camp - This adds the "1 more action required" to the Arrange Camp action, and there's no way to remove it right?
The -1 pawn tokens are removed after a single penalty when they're placed on any Action field. If they're placed anywhere else, they're usually permanent.

- The only way of finding beasts and adding them to the Hunting deck is through exploring, right? Which means the amount of fur you get depends on the beasts that come out that way (because some give no fur).

The soldier can use determination to add beasts, and there are a couple Discovery tokens that can provide fur, but otherwise you're correct.

Extra question: There are only 11 tiles (including the starting beach) right? Which means the island will have one open space when the tiles are exhausted.
There are only 10 island spaces on the board, so you should have an extra tile after exploring the whole island.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You may perform the same build action multiple times in a round as long as you already assigned the pawns and have the required materials.

2. The rules state that the shortcut is lost if you move your camp, but can be rebuilt. The only case we have [house]ruled that the shortcut is not lost is if we move the camp to the very tile the shortcut had been built on. In this case we merely place the shortcut token on our previous camp tile. The rationale for this is that we've established the two-way path between those two sources and it makes little thematic sense that we would suddenly lose knowledge of said path.

3. 'sleepless night" (please include the card text)

4. The argument event merely states that two or more players/characters cannot pair up their pawns to perform an action. You can have player A and player B each performing a build action, just not a build action together.

5. shield = permanent red disc (subject to events that remove items/inventions)

6. Your understanding of hooch is correct.

7. candles = one time use

8. Your understanding of these is correct.

9. map = additional green disc permanently (subject to events that remove items/inventions)

10. Your understanding of herbs is correct

11. "mess in the camp" (please include the card text)

12. Exploring is the primary way of getting beasts in the hunting deck. At lease one event or adventure card adds a beast as well. The soldier also has a special ability to add a beast to the hunting deck at a cost of 4 determination tokens.

13. There are only 10 island spaces on the board. These spaces are all fully enclosed hexagons. There will always be one island tile unused if you explore the entire island.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh! ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wow, that was fast. Thanks for the quick reply!
Just a few clarifications though.

runtsta wrote:

One snow cloud into one rain cloud yes, or ignore 1 rain cloud. If the die shows more than one cloud, you can't apply it to both.

Ok, therefore I assume it also allows me to convert 2 rain clouds into one. Correct?

runtsta wrote:

There are only 10 island spaces on the board, so you should have an extra tile after exploring the whole island.

Hum. I must have done something wrong :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may convert the double rain cloud to just one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
torontoraptors wrote:
Hum. I must have done something wrong :/
Only complete hexes on the map are valid spaces. So there are two rows of three spaces and one of 4 spaces, in between. You were probably assuming 3 rows of 4 spaces, because you claimed, there are 12 in total. But if you look on the board, there are two spaces to the right, where the hexes are not completed, although you might assume, they are, because they are covered with land.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elena Litovka
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
torontoraptors wrote:

No, you just cannot use pawns from different players to perform the same action (to build the same item, to explore together, etc...). There is no limitation on the actions themselves.

torontoraptors wrote:

If you're interested in fur (and not the beasts), it also can be found on discovery tokens and some mystery cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.