Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Jenkins
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know variations on these questions have been asked, but now that I am past the first settlement phase, I want to make sure I am doing these two things correctly. The confusion between rounds and turns is making me make things harder than they are I believe.

1. 1st player advances the wheel. Takes two actions. The 2nd Player then take one action. Then, the 2nd player advances the wheel and takes two actions and the 1st player takes one action. And so on. So after the very first turn of the first player, each player effectively takes three actions in a row. One action from the previous player's turn, move wheel and then two more. Is that correct?

2. If that is accurate, then what happens when the first player does a work contract, uses player 2's final clergyman and then player 2 has to take his single action before moving the wheel prior to taking his turn and two actions? He has no clergymen until after the wheel advances.

Am I missing something simple?

Thanks,
Tyler
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meech
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
1. For the long 2-player game, this is correct.

2. He will be forced to take a non-clergyman action, such as clearing a forest/moor, paying for a work contract if the other player has a free clergyman, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninja'd EDIT (after I had posted my initial reply, I saw this reply):
Meech wrote:
1. For the long 2-player game, this is correct.

2. He will be forced to take a non-clergyman action, such as clearing a forest/moor, paying for a work contract if the other player has a free clergyman, etc.

This question is correct for the long 2p game, if that's what you were asking about. My answer was for multiplayer games.

Tyjenks wrote:
I know variations on these questions have been asked, but now that I am past the first settlement phase, I want to make sure I am doing these two things correctly. The confusion between rounds and turns is making me make things harder than they are I believe.

1. 1st player advances the wheel. Takes two actions. The 2nd Player then take one action. Then, the 2nd player advances the wheel and takes two actions and the 1st player takes one action. And so on. So after the very first turn of the first player, each player effectively takes three actions in a row. One action from the previous player's turn, move wheel and then two more. Is that correct?

No this is not correct. First the wheel rotates, then starting with the start player, each player takes 1 action, then the start player takes a second action at the end of the round. Essentially this game plays in clockwise order with no "double turns." This might help if you think of if this way.

A 3p game goes like this:

Round 1: Rotate Wheel
A, B, C, A
Round 2: Pass Start Player Marker & Rotate Wheel
B, C, A, B
Round 3: Pass Start Player Marker & Rotate Wheel
C, A, B, C
Round 4: Pass Start Player Marker & Rotate Wheel, etc....

Notice that the play sequence is ABCABCABC, it's just that every time you "pass the start player marker" you rotate the wheel.

And each time you start a new round, you reset your clergymen if you don't have all 3 available to you.

Tyjenks wrote:
2. If that is accurate, then what happens when the first player does a work contract, uses player 2's final clergyman and then player 2 has to take his single action before moving the wheel prior to taking his turn and two actions? He has no clergymen until after the wheel advances.

Am I missing something simple?

Thanks,
Tyler

Even though your initial premise was not accurate, it can still occur that you have no clergyman to do an action with in a round. In this case, you cannot activate any of your buildings. You can however still do any of the following actions instead (non of which require you to have a clergyman):
1. Issue a work contract
2. Fell Trees or Cut Peat
3. Build a Building

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Jenkins
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Thank you both. That clarifies things for both game mechanics.

So in the regular two player (not long). 1. Player 1 rotates the wheel, takes two action. 2. Player two rotates the wheel, takes two actions.

Is that correct?

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.