Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
... for the purpose of attack cards (can I apply an effect that mentions Minion to a Crystal Shard)? I understand that this rule might get changed in later missions, so let's say I'm just asking for the purpose of tutorial (even though I agree that it makes little difference after all)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, in the tutorial, the crystal shards can be damaged just like a minion - so attack cards or stomping on them with movement. The one exception is that you can't get a shield from stomping on a minion with Skewer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I still apply the effect of Chain Lightning? ("If Minion dies... chain") For Crystal Shards, that is.

Riot Kades wrote:
The one exception is that you can't get a shield from stomping on a minion with Skewer.

Hmm, why? Is that a result of some other rule I'm missing or just a specific limitation just for tutorial? I don't think it's mentioned anywhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to put the Minion you kill onto the Skewer card. You can't do that with a Crystal Shard. You would still destroy the Shard, though.

Yes, Chain Lightning would work. As Chris said, we treat the Crystal Shards like Minions (except for with Skewer). Thus, it is a valid target to Chain Lightning through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
You have to put the Minion you kill onto the Skewer card. You can't do that with a Crystal Shard. You would still destroy the Shard, though.

Sure. But Chris mentions minions in his reply, not shards - hence my curiosity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
Clipper wrote:

I assume that was a typo, and he meant shard instead of minion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In context, it isn't a typo. He's referring to it as an exception, so it is about Shards. What he is saying is that Skewer gives a shield when you 'stomp on a minion' and you don't get that with Shards.

But yes, there is some ambiguity, as taken out of context, the sentence is saying the opposite thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
rattkin wrote:
Clipper wrote:

I assume that was a typo, and he meant shard instead of minion.

Now that I read it, I too think it was a typo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
In context, it isn't a typo. He's referring to it as an exception, so it is about Shards. What he is saying is that Skewer gives a shield when you 'stomp on a minion' and you don't get that with Shards.

But yes, there is some ambiguity, as taken out of context, the sentence is saying the opposite thing.

Riot Kades wrote:
The one exception is that you can't get a shield from stomping on a minion with Skewer.

There's no context that makes this statement not completely contradict the wording of Skewer. If the bold word were Shard, it would make perfect sense, hence why I assume it was a typo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The context is that we are discussing an exception to 'things that use the word minion that can apply to shards'. Stomping on a minion with Skewer is the exception.

Thus, stomping on a minion with Skewer is the one time we don't apply the same effect when replacing the minion with a Shard.

If you only look at the second sentence, hence removing all context, then it is indeed contradictory. Yes, it would have been better if the word 'Shard' had been used, as then the sentence would retain the same meaning when taken out of context.

In any case, this is the last I'll say on the matter as arguing semantics is rather pointless. We all now know what Chris meant, even if you don't see how the context alters the second sentence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I vote it was a typo and he meant to say Shard...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ernst
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
slydog75 wrote:
I vote it was a typo and he meant to say Shard...

Yes, Chris mis-typed. If you stomp a minion with skewer, you put it on the card. If you stomp a shard with skewer you do not add it (or a minion) to the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.