Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Trisciuzzi
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I was playing a 2 player game with my brother and a question arose about triggering trog tokens on territories the humans took control of by scouting or airfield. I couldn't find anything in the rulebook or faq on what happens to region control when trogs win control.

Example: I'm the pilgrim player and I invade a human controlled territory only has trog tokens. The trogs win region control so they place a nest token and I retreat. But does the human player lose control of the region because the trogs won, even though they don't actually place a control token? Or do they retain control since their token wasn't bumped out by another control token?

I'm curious whether or not humans could effectively screen their regions using trogs. The way we played was that the human player lost control regardless of which side won, removing their control token after the battle. What's the official ruling?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KerenskyTheRed wrote:
So I was playing a 2 player game with my brother and a question arose about triggering trog tokens on territories the humans took control of by scouting or airfield. I couldn't find anything in the rulebook or faq on what happens to region control when trogs win control.

Example: I'm the pilgrim player and I invade a human controlled territory only has trog tokens. The trogs win region control so they place a nest token and I retreat. But does the human player lose control of the region because the trogs won, even though they don't actually place a control token? Or do they retain control since their token wasn't bumped out by another control token?

I'm curious whether or not humans could effectively screen their regions using trogs. The way we played was that the human player lost control regardless of which side won, removing their control token after the battle. What's the official ruling?

Did the Trog's "win" the Control Objective? If yes, the Human Control Marker is removed, and replaced with a Trog Nest token. Page 11 in the Rules.

Quote:
Trog exception: In a 2-3 player game, if the Trogs win the Region Control Objective, do not place a Control token, but place
a Trog Nest token face down instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Trisciuzzi
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to expend on this answer.

If for some reason, using your example, the Pilgrim player was eliminated from the region before the battle has occurred. The Trog would win by default and gain "control" of the region. As a result you would also remove the Human Control token.

I've asked this question last week and it was answered by Grant (co-designer of the game).

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1658129/unresolved-battle-t...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.