Popular Tags: [View All]
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking about the fact that someone could potentially win the game without once going into the dungeon once.

So I thought up a slight variation to the rules. Basically you can only be declared the winner if you've obtained at least one success card. If it comes down to you and just one other opponent and that individual eliminates themselves by failing to get through the dungeon, then if you don't have a success card of your own, you too have lost (that was a run on sentence). There are no winners.

Any thoughts on whether this might be something fun or is it a bad idea?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin C
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
If someone has one remaining opponent and thinks that they will die, wouldn't they be forced to go into the dungeon themselves to save their opponent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyndal wrote:
If someone has one remaining opponent and thinks that they will die, wouldn't they be forced to go into the dungeon themselves to save their opponent?

Yeah I guess there is that too. Perhaps it's the type of rule that helps more at the beginning of the game?

Or perhaps it's not an issue at all. The thought mostly came about watching a game where someone won because they sat out all the time. Until the end it didn't matter so much as there was always at least two people playing the game while they passed early. However maybe that is more the exception than the rule and the majority of games don't play out like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.