Subject: Atlach-Nacha and Multiple questions about Tarantulas... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Doom

Orlando
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Drew Atlach-Nacha.

...what do I do when I run out of tarantula's to spawn?

We played so that once the number available was out, we no longer spawned any. They didn't do any damage in a one or two player game, so it almost didn't matter, but I'd still like a consensus or official ruling.

"Tarantulas are twice as powerful" - does this mean their health is doubled, or...?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Ellis
msg tools
publisher
If you run out of Tarantula's you can just keep a count with a d20 or you can use other minion cards just turned upside down. However, they keep spawning.

You mentioned they didn't do any damage in a one or two player game, but they do. The IC calculation has a minimum of 1 rule. See the rule on page 9 of the Instruction Journal.

Tarantulas do double damage when Atlach-Nacha is active.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Doom

Orlando
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I see.

I misunderstood the minimum of 1 rule to mean IC is always AT LEAST 1. The Tarantula's indicate IC - 2, which to me indicate no damage, but I supposed it should be 1, and in this case 2 due to double-damage.

In a solo game, Atlach-Nacha is almost impossible to beat then, as you won't kill off Tarantula's as quickly as they spawn - then again I only played two games, so I would say I need more playtime to make any assertions.

Thanks for the reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sacha cauvin
France
rouen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's exactly what happenend to me on my first solo game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.