Subject: Use of Aldrin capsule? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played several sessions of this game and I find it great fun! I've used a few home rules that increase the tension of the game as I find that enjoyable so everything works out just fine.
What I cannot understand is what's the use of the Aldrin capsule. I peeked the mission cards and couldn't find any incentives in using a huge capsule and I cannot find a reason to use big astronaut crews overall. So I'm probably missing something here.

Can anyone help? When would someone use a big crew and/or the Aldrin capsule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry L
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
He who games with the most dice wins.
badge
I like things arnmod
mbmbmbmbmb
The main value (so far, in the games I've played) of the capsule is it reduces the risks of radiation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the Outer Planets expansion it can be a difficult decision to take the extra mass of the Aldrin capsule, or take extra crew in case someone critical gets incapacitated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Maynard
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It can be an advantage to take at least one of each type of astronaut if you haven't fully tested all your components/hazards. It can also be useful to have two doctors so one can heal the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Zscheile
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Used the Aldrin vs. high Solar Radiation in a solo game to bring Astronauts to Venus safely. Since Astronauts themselves have no weight and you can supply up to five of them with one supply, you can also take more of them. Preferably multiple doctors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.