I'm hesitating to back this only because of one thing: the app.
I checked it, on two android device (a tablet and a phone). And it seems to be a mess. I know there is a game master mode, but who want to be a game master is a phone could do that boring role???
Some of the main glitches I found:
1. the intro is smaller than the background, so the a thin line of background is visible, while playing the intro.
2. My phone does not hide the 3 soft buttons when the app starts so some of the visual information of the app are chopped... and I cannot see all the buttons, letters etc.
3. If you have a phone call or accidentally pushed the menu button, the app crashes! so it can ruin your game. I mean really?! This should be the first thing which should 100% totally work!
4. The tutorial, is a kind of mess too. there are no back and forward buttons, in case you have to interrupt the learning. So thus when you would return to the learning, you have repeat the whole.
The introduction to the mastermind mechanic is also faulty, if you swipe the display from up to down you can see what is what. And also there can be situation when the part of this tut does not work.
for e.g.: I've got 2 tiles fully right and two partially, then 1 switched those which were on bad place and the app told me it is bad. Then I switched some runes here and there and when I put back the sequence which should be good, I got 2 totally bad runes and two totally right...
5. the rulebook part currently is also kind of joke. I hope it will be changed, and also I hope it will have a search function. (take a look on FFG's X-com app -this is not the best either but far more better)
6. Only iOs and Android... really? Why not a PC app (maybe online)?
The Android is fragmented, the iOs products are not affordable to everyone... so why not a good old PC?
- Last edited Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:51 am (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:54 pm
1. This is almost unavoidable due to the massively varying size of Phone screens I'm afraid. That being said, it is a very thin line so shouldn't bother people much.
2. That's a strange one I haven't come across yet, I'll let the dev team know. Could you let me know what phone you have?
3.Normally this shouldn't crash you game, just minimise it and the app should save teh game for when you go back to it.
4. The tutorial and rules section are the parts needing the most polishing at the moment (espeically the Korean-English Translation!).
As far as the mastermind part goes though that should work perfectly, are you sure this was an actual error? Out of all the reports we've had, the MM mechanic has never messed up before.
6.Basically because teh app uses the camera function on your phone and he idea as to present the game with a smaller device in order to maximise immersion instead of having to get up and go to a PC every time and/or have a laptop next to the board. That being said, time permitting, we will see about a PC version.
Also just to be clear, we will be finishing off and polishing up these little imperfections with the game whilst it's physical half is in production so things should be fine once it ships
1. then why not a black static background for video/intro?
2. Sony Xperia M2 (D2303) with Android 5.1.1
3. Sadly, for me it crashed.
4. I agree!
6. get Up and go? why? A laptop can be on a table or chair(most of my friend doesnot even have a desktop PC only a laptop) where you play.
only downside would be, that the rune thing will be manual, but who cares?
I will try to check the mastemind part of tutorial again. If I can repicate the bug, I will tell you what I did exactly.
Ok, thankyou for the details. I got a message today saying that a new version was availale for Android which should correct a few issues. Let me know if this clears things up for you, if not I'll make sure they know about this
I tried the new version.
1. the intro thing is still on (it is a small thing, does not affect the play or usability but I think it still ruins the first impressions)
2. the cropping in game mode seems to be good.
but cropping in tutorial mode is still faulty.
3. The tutorial master mind part: I'm still able to swipe down and see some runes adjusted to some figures, but it seems the adjustment are not the ones which are in the master mind.
So the question is: Why it is possible to swipe down? And why it is showing some irrelevant rune-figure attachments?
5. I'm still able to crash the app if I go out and check 1-3 other apps.
6. rules are yet the same.