Chrono Basher
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only had the opportunity to play this 2 player with my wife. Per the rules, 2 player should follow co-op rules, including hardcore objectives. We got through Too Many Mouths and the samples scenarios and they felt about the right level of difficulty.

Cue the Home Sweet Home scenario we've gotten crushed on for the last 5 plays. Today was the first time I felt that we even had a shot, as we got some great characters, but we were still 7 barricades short by the time the rounds ran out. I looked online and saw others have had the same experience, and concluded it was almost mathematically impossible to win on 2 player.

I wanted to know if anyone else has played through all of the scenarios on 2 player - and if so, are there any other scenarios like Home Sweet Home that are basically impossible that we should skip? Was pretty frustrated when I found this out, and I'd prefer not to run into this again with the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer N.
Singapore
flag msg tools
Same here. My SO and I can't seem to complete the Home Sweet Home scenario (a total of 3-4 plays in this particular scenario).

Our best result was probably 6 barricade in the colony while missing about half of the required barricades in non-colony locations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Norris
United States
Pasadena
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We just played this one this past weekend with 4 players.

We were actually prepared to win with a spare round left. Only needed to go out to two locations and place a single barrier and we would have won. We planned it out fairly well. On our next to last round we pulled the crisis card that, if we fail, all barriers come down. (Talk about one hell of a coincidence) Luckily we had more than enough fuel to prevent the crisis. We were slacking in having way too many people in the Colony at this point, but since it was going to end at this time we weren't concerned.

Except.... at this point everyone forgot that there could be a Betrayer in the group... that was me.... I had the serial killer betrayal card. (Have to have at least 1 companion, at least 5 survivors have to die) I was considering throwing the game via contributing falsely to the crisis cards, but I didn't have enough dead survivors to pull out the win.

Cue my greedy 23 year old son. On the last round he realized he couldn't meet his secret objective and would ultimately lose, so he decided to contribute nothing. I played right into this and started accusing him of being the Betrayer. My youngest jumped on the bandwagon and called for an Exile, and we all ended up exiling him. At that point he got mad and took food with him for his roll, and purposely started piling his survivors into locations that would cause them to get overrun. Needless to say, I'm ecstatic.

Now it's my turn, so I declare "Hey, he is going to get us killed so lets take him out" and proceeded to attack all of his characters to kill them. After I took out several, my youngest was next. I egged him on telling him "let's just kill his survivors in spite since we can't win now' and he agreed. As a result, I got my required kills.

Now it's over, the colony is practically overrun, and we have lost due to moral hitting 0. The oldest is pissed, but says, "Good, I'm glad you all lost. If I couldn't win I didn't want anyone else to"

"Well.... that's not exactly true" I said, as I put down my Betrayer card... you could see him processing it for a few seconds, then he gets red and says "No fair, you were the betrayer and you turned everyone against me... you cheated!"

"No son, Your greediness allowed my to play everyone against you. I betrayed you"

He stomped off in a fit of rage. Can't wait till next time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's actually a really good example to show to non-betrayers that consider tanking a game if they think they can't win. If they do that, the betrayer could win!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ippokratis Gnostopoulos
Qatar
Doha
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played this game 5 times before we manage to pull it through.

As you see, we managed to get a baseball but, a shotgun, A LIGHTER AND A HAMMER (the last two are essential). We made a lot of noise to find these specific itrms. Ashley was providing one more barrication per round. And i used my very last die to add the last non-colony barrication and achieve victory. So, it's not always impossible, but it's probably impossible half of the time, depending on these items position in the deck and the combination of survivors in your disposal. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.