$15.00
$20.00
$5.00
b redgie
msg tools
Using 3rd Edition Rules: For a controlled objective city to be counted for Objective Victory does the city have to be a supplied city as per 6.1-Cities and Supply. I.E. Does Alternate Supply also apply?

Again, for 3rd Edition Rules, 7.6-3rd bullet: Are the North edge hexes excluded as eligible placement hexes for Soviet Units?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Ste-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bredgie wrote:
Using 3rd Edition Rules: For a controlled objective city to be counted for Objective Victory does the city have to be a supplied city as per 6.1-Cities and Supply. I.E. Does Alternate Supply also apply?

Yes it does have to be supplied by 6.1

Alternate Supply does not apply.

bredgie wrote:

Again, for 3rd Edition Rules, 7.6-3rd bullet: Are the North edge hexes excluded as eligible placement hexes for Soviet Units?

YES. This is what the rules state. East and South edges only.

Edit: do note that now you can trace supply not only across lakes and lake hexsides, but also across sea hexsides (rule 6.2).

Seas as a Supply Source
A unit on a coastal hex can use the sea as a Supply Source.
Units cannot trace to a sea—they must be on the coastal hex
(Supply can be traced across a Sea hexside). The following
restrictions apply:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wifbert Boye
Canada
flag msg tools
Per the above if the Axis controls Sevastopol how can it ever be in overland supply, given the path for overland supply must always be westerly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Ste-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Tracing supply for objective cities and Russian replacement placemen
wifferboy wrote:
Per the above if the Axis controls Sevastopol how can it ever be in overland supply, given the path for overland supply must always be westerly?

You are right I was mistaken. Alternate supply DOES apply. Rule 12.1 is clear about that: " you have to trace supply (6.0) " (i.e: it does not say overland supply(6.1)).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
b redgie
msg tools
Does Sea Supply apply only for victory purposes or does it allow the city to be supplied for purposes of units tracing overland supply to it and for detraining units in and/or within 3 hexes it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Ste-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bredgie wrote:
Does Sea Supply apply only for victory purposes or does it allow the city to be supplied for purposes of units tracing overland supply to it and for detraining units in and/or within 3 hexes it?

Only for victory puposes.

Rule 9.2 states that you cn only detrin if ypu can trce an Overland Supply path.So this does not apply.

As for supply this does not apply either, you have to use the 6.2 Alternate Supply rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.