Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » Rules

Subject: Another Scenario 3 Q - Mvmt rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Kuch
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Boss command card says: "Roll the rune did. Move the boss 4 spaces in that direction"

We roll blue, to the left. The boss is directly beside two Mechs though, both to its direct left two spots. Where does the boss move? Does he move at all? Does he move two spaces down, and then two space to the left, basically going around the Mechs to continue in the direction rolled?

We had the same scenario except one mech was blocking the space to the left when the boss was supposed to move that direction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Boss pushes Mechs. The following is from the end of The Boss rules in the rulebook:

MvM Rules - The Boss wrote:
The Boss blocks Ripsaw Command Cards and pushes Mechs
just like player Mechs, but the player Mechs cannot push
the Boss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, only the edge of the map can stop him.
He will stomp minions as he moves along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
The Boss pushes Mechs. The following is from the end of The Boss rules in the rulebook:

the Boss.

This is correct.

Jorgen, you're better at this than I am. Rick and Prashant keep giving me flak about answering threads before they've found them. You're showing me how that feels. You rock, bud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
Jorgen, you're better at this than I am. Rick and Prashant keep giving me flak about answering threads before they've found them. You're showing me how that feels. You rock, bud.

Thanks, mate. You rock too!

I've had a lot of experience with other games with well set out rules, especially FFG's Rules Reference Guide system, and the MvM manual is very much like that, which makes it fun and easy to figure these things out (after ironing out those initial kinks).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ernst
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
Clipper wrote:

the Boss.

This is correct.

My Emotions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.