Lewis & Clark» Forums » Rules

Subject: Powering up and resources question... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bradley Fletcher
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
So, say I'm Meriwether Lewis, have a couple of boats and a horse, and want to move upstream and into the mountains. My question is, does one power card/Indian allow him to use one resource (and two powers--two, etc...) or can he use as many or multiple resources with just one power/Indian? And, while I'm at it, am I right that he can combine resources--boats and horses--in athe same move? The rules/page reference to the rule I'm missing on this would be great. Really enjoying the game--very clever, some fun history and alt-history!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lanphear
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each strength allocated allows you to do ONE of the options.

Yes if you allocated three strength you can combine river and mountain movement, if applicable.

See the rules on Page 8 "Move Forward on the Route" it discusses what each strength allows you to do with your commander.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Montoya
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In this game, the semi-horizontal line (slash) dividing the different resource->movement options on the commander card means that you can only perform one of them per activation (you choose the one that suits you the most). Remember it when you see that same line in a few other characters, you apply one, not all of them at the same time.

However, as said above, if you are very close to the mountains and activate the card with a power of three (thus, it activates three times) you can choose a different option for each one, so you can advance along the river spaces with your first activation, and over mountain spaces with the other two, as long as you have the required resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
For any card:
Each Indian symbol, whether represented on a supporting card or by an Indian meeple, allows you to activate a single power on the chosen card one time. You can power a chosen card up to three times by any combination of Indian symbols shown either on a supporting card and/or by Indian meeples.

One activation (one Indian symbol) = any power activated on a given card one time. And of course you must have the appropriate resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.