If you are familiar with Brandywine and the system, what is new about the Little Bighorn battle?
A number of things. Here are a few top highlights:
- Cav are regular grade, Sioux are militia.
- HQs can fight and fire also. Custer is elite.
- Sioux have no HQs, so they can't alter the turn sequence. Only the Cav.
- The Cav can bring Gatling guns! Gatling guns are like artillery but they can fire continuously. At least until they roll a 1, at which point they jam. :/
- Enemy composition of forces is completely unknown. Players build their Commands in secret before the game. They are not placed on the board until contact.
We have more detail about this in our blog and on the Kickstarter site.