4 Posts

Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules question about zone of control rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Smith
msg tools
Hey all,

I just played my first game and we had a situation where a player(A) flew ships into another player's(B) home system. Now player "A" did not have any orders to instigate ground combat and player "B" had no ships in the home system. The next turn player "B" built some ships but did not have enough to hope to fight player "A"./ Anyway my question is this, is it correct that player "B" can build ships into a system that contains enemy ships and if so do they stop player "A" from moving? How is this situation resolved were enemies ships should never be in the same space to begin with?

Thanks!

Jonathan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mathieas wrote:
Hey all,

I just played my first game and we had a situation where a player(A) flew ships into another player's(B) home system. Now player "A" did not have any orders to instigate ground combat and player "B" had no ships in the home system. The next turn player "B" built some ships but did not have enough to hope to fight player "A"./ Anyway my question is this, is it correct that player "B" can build ships into a system that contains enemy ships and if so do they stop player "A" from moving? How is this situation resolved were enemies ships should never be in the same space to begin with?

Thanks!

Jonathan

The presence of rival ships does not prevent you from building ships. Once player B builds ships, player A cannot move more ships into the system but the ones that are there could leave or fight player B's ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
Also, player A can move their ships out of Player B's system without their movement being stopped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Smith
msg tools
Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.