Hide
3 Posts

Neolithic» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarifications - Gather and Scoring rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Wittwer
msg tools
Having just played this for the first time, I need a couple clarifications.

-When choosing the play two different gathered resources option, if there aren't two different gathered resources to be played (i.e. you draw all of the same resource, or there is only one card remaining) can you play only one instead of two or do you have to take the "add a card to your hand" option?

-When counting icons to determine who gets the 5 bonus points, do you score for every single icon in play (i.e 4 wood + 2 wheat + 1 jewelry = 7), or for each different icon (i.e. 4 wood + 2 wheat + 1 jewelry = 3)?

Thanks,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
The key to your Gather question is found in the last sentence of the first paragraph under TASK TURN.

"The player follows the selected Task's directions to the best of their ability." (emphasis in the rulebook)

If there are less than two different resources (whether from three-of-a-kind or only one card to draw), then you can still pick one gathered resource to play to your village.

For scoring, the bonus goes to the player with the highest total number of icons, not number of icon types. Remember, you do not count Requirement Icons (like the 2 wood on Wood Carving), Scoring Icons (like the grain on Culture - Agrarian), nor icons on the unused (upside-down) side of a card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Wittwer
msg tools
Thanks for the help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.